add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Minecraft problem.

rhali8

49 months ago

I am having a problem with Minecraft on my new PC. I can play multiplayer/realms, but creating a world takes a while, and the chunks take about 30 mins to spawn, so I have to put my render distance down to 1, and even then, I can't open chests/break blocks. When I save and quit, Minecraft crashes and it says in the log that it was 14000 ms behind or something like that. I tried allocating 2GB of RAM instead of 1GB to Minecraft, but nothing worked.

Here is my system: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/PPr7YJ

I overclocked the GPU, CPU and RAM. Is that the problem? Thanks :D

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Remove your overclocks and then try.

What are your CPU/GPU temps in game?

Make sure the settings within minecraft have not been messed with.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried removing the overclock, and nothing worked. I tried changing the RAM that Minecraft used from 1GB to 2GB. Still nothing. Temps in game are under 40 degrees.

While I have you here, when I boot my PC, a green screen comes up when I go to log in windows, and my system crashes. I had removed the GPU overclock, and when it goes green, it crashes. I cannot access my computer. Halp? :/

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Reset the BIOS to defaults.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I did. I overclocked my GPU via the Radeon Settings it came with. I was in the middle of updating it to a new version, when the screen went green.

I can access my computer in safe mode, but for some reason, my old GPU drivers do not work. I can't uninstall them either, because it says something about the installer program not working. I am running out of options. It could be the PSU not delivering enough power to the system.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

It is not the PSU. 620w is plenty of power for that PC and it is a high quality unit.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I managed to somehow fix the problem. I had to do a fresh install of windows. It must have been the drivers, because it is working fine now. Minecraft however, is still having the same problem. I contacted Mojang and am waiting for a reply.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Allocate more. lol.

As dumb as that sounds Minecraft will run better with 3-4gb of RAM.

Which version of Minecraft do you have?

Do you have optifine? If yes Optifine has a neat diagnosing tool that I could show you how to use.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do, but I am having other problems. My computer will not log into desktop any more. Details are above.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I was able to boot somehow, and I put it up to 4GB. Still nothing.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm.

Did you install Optifine?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Not yet. I can't access my PC.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortuantely, I'm unable to help you because of the way Christams constrains my time. (not like it's a bad thing though)

Once you get things sorted out, and you have Optifine follow my steps.

1. Open video settings, and navigate to other at the bottom right corner.

2. Find "Lagometer" at the top left corner at enable it,

3. Exit settings, and click F3 and tell me what you see on the graph.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Once I have everything working, I will do.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube