add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about filling the loop.....

WageEsq

49 months ago

I'm at the point of being ready to fill my reservoir. I will be using the 24 pin jumper that came with my Alphacool kit. After plugging in the jumper to the 24 pin connector, do I have to disconnect all other cables from the PSU before I turn it on? Other than the 24 pin motherboard connector, are there any other connections that need to be made in order to fill and bleed the loop?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 49 months ago
  • 1 point

So is it best to unplug everything else from the psu? If I unplug everything except for the pump, do I still need the jumper?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you....very helpful.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

One other question for my own reference. If the pump is plugged into a molex connector which is plugged directly into the psu, wouldn't it get power even without the jumper? Why does the 24 pin connector have to also be plugged into the psu? It just seems that the jumper would be unnecessary at that point since the pump is getting power directly from the psu anyway. Am I missing something?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube