add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Sir_Ovbov
  • 54 months ago

Hey, I am wanting to make a PC and I have a £1000 pound budget. I want to have an Intel CPU as I personally do not like AMD (IMO) and I think you guys probably know more about the best things for the price than me. I don't need a a keyboard or mouse or OS.

On a side note, do any of you know any monitors that have a 1ms response time or 60hz+ screen for about £300. Thanks

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

This build is over your budget by £10.35, this can easily be adjusted but I thought doing a white and black theme would look great so the case is white, the MoBo is black and white, and the video card is also black and white. I hope you like it. This PC will smash any game that is out today with no trouble at all.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor £155.00 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £109.84 @ More Computers
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £37.98 @ Ebuyer
Storage Sandisk Z400s 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £32.99 @ Novatech
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £34.98 @ Novatech
Video Card Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Super JetStream Video Card £505.98 @ Ebuyer
Case NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case £54.72 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £59.87 @ Aria PC
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link Archer T4U 802.11a/b/g/n/ac USB 3.0 Wi-Fi Adapter £18.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1010.35
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-24 01:45 GMT+0000
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I think that as I'm spending a £1000 already, I don't think £10 would be too much more to ask XD To be honest I'm surprised you managed to get a 980 in there. I'm guessing the nest things would be another stick of RAM and then a CPU cooler/ better PSU.

• 54 months ago
  • 0 points

Why a mediocre psu that is overpriced in a high end build? Also why a locked cpu on a motherboard that is made for overclocking?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

TBH, I don't need an overclocking motherboard as I am not planning on overclocking as I want a PC to will last a wile and quite frankly, I don't trust myself not to mess it up and kill the parts.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

You can't and won't kill any parts unless you go stupid with voltage.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Knowing me, I would probably find a way to do that without even plugging it in :/

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

So as I'm not going to, I could not off a few pennys buy getting a mother board isn't really made for it as I wont be doing it.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I personally do not like AMD (IMO)

But you like Intel and all of the very shady stuff they have done...

Anyways on to the poiint. What is this for?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Meh, I just prefer the reliability and the way the ease of upgrading the PC later on as they can have lots of different CPU's on the same type of socket whilst some AMD's only have 1 or 2 CPU's with the same socket.

I want the PC to be an all rounder but primarily gaming. As a side note, it would also need a wireless wifi card as I am unable to get an Ethernet cable to my room.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Meh, I just prefer the reliability and the way the ease of upgrading the PC later on as they can have lots of different CPU's on the same type of socket whilst some AMD's only have 1 or 2 CPU's with the same socket.

I'm not saying that Intel is the wrong choice, usually for high end builds they are the way to go, it just that Intel along with Nvidia has tried to screw AMD every way possible.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with that but luckily for AMD they haven't gone far into the APU chips yet.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor £159.98 @ Novatech
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £99.99 @ Ebuyer
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory £45.95 @ Aria PC
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £56.00 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £52.66 @ Aria PC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury 4GB Tri-X Video Card £394.99 @ Amazon UK
Case Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case £69.64 @ Aria PC
Power Supply EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £109.99 @ Novatech
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £989.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-24 02:43 GMT+0000

I went with a Z170 motherboard due to it support two way SLI, I know you are say wait that is a AMD card, listen, it will allow you to do SLI in case you ever want to swich cards and it offers 8X/8X PCI lanes which Nvida cards require and while Crossfire works with only 4X PCI lanes, I wouldn't recommend doing so. I went with the Fury because its a good powerful card and Crossfire scales better than SLI so two Fury's will actually out perform two GTX 980 Ti's if you ever decide to add another one but the Fury is quite a powerful gpu alone. I went with the Evga G2 because a top of the line build should have a top of the line psu, not a budget unit, the psu is the one part you shouldn't cheap out on. It will support just about any two card combo out there and it has a 10 year warranty. IF you have any more questions just ask.

• 54 months ago
  • 2 points

Why you would use the i5-6500 when its cheaper to use the i5-6600? also why is your MoBo made for over clocking when your using a locked CPU?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Why you would use the i5-6500 when its cheaper to use the i5-6600?

Didn't realize that.

why is your MoBo made for over clocking when your using a locked CPU?

I went with a Z170 motherboard due to it support two way SLI, I know you are say wait that is a AMD card, listen, it will allow you to do SLI in case you ever want to swich cards and it offers 8X/8X PCI lanes which Nvida cards require and while Crossfire works with only 4X PCI lanes, I wouldn't recommend doing so

TL:DR PCI Lane layout

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

How much do you think I should spend on a wireless card as I need 1 as I cannot getting Ethernet into my room. To be honest, I don't really care about the GPU being AMD/ not Nvida (I just don't like their CPU's) as the only thing I prefer about the Nvida style cards is I like the look of their coolers more XD

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube