add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Screen tear in BF4?

BB2013

49 months ago

Hi all,

I've just installed BF4 and went to the test range to get a feel for the game, I have MSI afterburner running in the background just to have a look at the performance of my build, The FPS counter is saying between 150 - 180 fps on high - ultra settings , I have a 60hz monitor. I'm guessing that I'm experiencing screen tear, Do I have to lock the FPS to stop this? If so how do I do that? I read an article online to open the console command and enter this:

gametime.maxvariablefps 61

Edit: R9 390 GPU

Any help would be great

Thanks

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

just turn on vsync. thats what its for... it will almost always fix it.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Just turn V sync on.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

You can edit the user.cfg file.

Add this line

Gametime.maxvariablefps 74

You can try different numbers then 74 if your tearing isn't reduced. Otherwise just like the others said, use vsync, but then you'll have input lag.

Here is a tutorial http://bftips.com/2013/10/how-to-create-a-user-cfg-file-in-bf4-to-load-settings-on-startup/

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube