add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

975 dollar gaming pic only USD

WillTheCaptain
  • 53 months ago

Christmas tomorrow and I am trying to figure out the parts! Please include OS. No peripherals needed! Thank you! Also for the case I want the corsair 450D.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

If I were to choose this build I would downgrade the 6600 to the 6500 and for the case I would get the 450D

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

just a warning.. the EVGA G1 NEX is not a good PSU, avoid it.

The EVGA B2 750 is a much better choice

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFAFRW6?keywords=evGA%20B2%20750&qid=1451002156&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Ik the nex psus are not good for the money, yeah I fully agree with you and instead of a data should I get a sandisk drive

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

sandisk is a good choice

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok I'll add that to the description, thanks!

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I already mentioned that.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $329.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $79.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card $249.99 @ Amazon
Case NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case $44.99 @ Micro Center
Power Supply EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $27.99 @ NCIX US
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) $89.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1012.79
Mail-in rebates -$50.00
Total $962.79
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-24 18:24 EST-0500
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you read the description? Also the title didn't mean to say pic if that's why you got that cpu.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I just can't recommend the 450D, it is overpriced for what you get, its competing with cases out of its league like Phantek Pro, Phantek Luxe, Corsair owns 750D, the Fractal Define R5, etc.

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $198.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard *ASRock B150 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $98.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory *G.Skill NT Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $37.99 @ Newegg
Storage OCZ Trion 100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $39.00 @ Amazon
Storage *Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card $295.99 @ NCIX US
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition w/ Window ATX Mid Tower Case $97.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply *EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $56.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $92.99 @ NCIX US
Total $964.81
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-24 19:32 EST-0500

The i5 6500 is going to get very very similar performance to a i5 6600 in just about all games. I went with the R5 because its a all around superior case for less. I went with the Evga B2 over the B1 because the Evga B1 is of questionable performance and build quality, no one knows how good or bad it really is and some speculate its based on the FSP Raider which is a all around bad unit, its something you for sure should avoid and the Evga B2 is based on the Superflower, the OEM of the famous G2 and P2 and T2 series, Golden Green which is a all around decent unit.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I decided to get the corsair air 540 when it drops to 100$

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

The Air 540 is a decent case, especially if you can get it for $100

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

The builds I've seen of the air 540 look amazing!

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm don't care if the air 540 isn't good for the money, it looks awesome and it is good quality.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Hellos, hopefully I'm not too late, perhaps I could do a bit of explaining my part choices as well if that would pleases you~ PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $108.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Avexir Core Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $69.99 @ Newegg
Storage OCZ ARC 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $73.50 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB SOC Video Card $309.99 @ Micro Center
Case be quiet! Silent Base 800 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $78.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $56.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $94.99 @ Adorama
Total $993.43
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 01:05 EST-0500

cpu of choice was mainly picked due to the price, its only marginally slower (on paper anyway) then other i5's in the higher up in the class, but the savings is pleasurable to have.

As for the motherboard~ I've picked this one mainly because of usb 3.1 type c in included on the i/o, and the minimal grey/black theme, to fit any color scheme you wish. Truthfully this is more of an personal choice, and you should change it for another board's features if you would find any, as performance shouldn't be hindered at all by mobo choice. Ofc this doesn't mean you should get some crap board.

Ram choice was just to find the lowest cost per gig set, and 16 should be the new norm soon, considering everything and everyone is starting to have about 8 these days. Again, you could choose a 8 gig set if you want. (Plus this one lights up if that suits you~!)

I've opted for an SSD over just some HDD mainly because of the ease that you could add a 1 or 2TB Drive later without having to move your os. Also, you shouldn't just get any SSD, I've picked this one because of the MLC memory controller, apart from cheaper SSD's TLC controllers, which would wear down faster...I think. *I don't quite remember tbh~

Typical Video card here yada yada~ choose any cooler you want, Although I picked this because of the cooling solution

ALSO the case. I saw you wanted the Corsair 450D, but I can't bring myself to recommend it at that price. I tried finding another case that would defiantly relate to you however, hopefully you like it~!

The selected PSU is oem by Super flower, one of the best oems out there. Semi modular is kinda useless if you want to take your psu out casually, buuut ehh. If you wish for full modularity, try out FirePower ZT550. I Dare someone to argue against that psu alternative~

Annnd theres windows 10. yay.

Again, hopefully you didn't went out and bought yours already, I don't like what others suggested and hopefully I can persuade you to try this one.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I have not, that is a decent computer that I would add onto. Thanks!

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

You should switch to a Z170 motherboard. It'll be worth it for the option of Non-Z overclocking

I'd also suggest XFX over gigabyte. Great cooler and a killer warranty

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh, perhaps, I know its a higher chipset, but mainly its due to features and aesthetics when it comes to choosing a motherboard. If he was interested in overclocking, you might as well gone for the K variation of the chip for more oc options (As apart from being able to change just a small thing for a small increase if I recall correctly, never overclocked on a board/chip not typical for overclocking) (For a substantial amount of money increased btw, might as well get the i7 non k variation imho if you're jumping it)

Again, Higher chipsets typically come with more features anyway, like the ability to crossfire/sli, usb3.0s, marketing features, its kinda so and so. The H170 is still great, second in line to Z170s and have plenty of features, I've haven't done much research standpoint past $120, soo I dunno. (I've never bothered)

Really the only biggest thing sticking out to me is usb type c, the most future proof feature out there. Second being the audiochip ALC1150 (I know, kinda nitpicky, you shouldn't hardly tell the difference)

WillTheCaptian, please switch out the board I suggested with this one its the same but a Z chip likewise, and cheaper.

Then theres boards like these, all with the features I look for in them. (Just pulling more choices for you~) https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z170asliplus ~~https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170xgaming3~~ not this one compare to the msi one https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170xpsli https://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-fatal1tyz170gamingk4

Also as for the gpu cooler, I'd just pick anything that looks nice to you, I personally thought the Msi twin frozer cooler was pretty sweet, which I have, pretty sure any will do great.

Typed a lot didn't I ahha

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $199.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $24.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $109.99 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $39.99 @ Newegg
Storage Zotac Premium Edition 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $65.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card $313.98 @ Newegg
Case Corsair 450D ATX Mid Tower Case $111.88 @ Micro Center
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $43.99 @ NCIX US
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1050.67
Mail-in rebates -$75.00
Total $975.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 10:59 EST-0500
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Please Do Not get that particular power supply, I've had it for just about three years and its awful.

High pitch electrical buzzing and it would shut down my pc if my frame rates gets too high (usually)

I've rma'ed it already, and it still has the problem. Its of very low quality, EVGA's NEX series. its incredibly old too.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2293.htm Please use this site to check out reviews on powersupplies if you need it. I found it incredibly useful.

EDIT: Also note, I haven't been seriously in the game of pc building in a while, buut, I'm currently looking for a powersupply and will do some catch up work. I'll keep you noted if you want~~

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I also had that PSU. Didn't have those problems but I still decided to replace it as it's OEM isn't quite the best in the world.

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Its the B1 which is of questionable quality since I found out shikra or whatever his name is doesn't have any proof for it being based on the Raider and if he is correct it is something you would want to avoid and return if you brought it.

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

He selected the Nex B1 not the Nex G1...

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Im being stupid now

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

he Evga B1 is of questionable performance and build quality, no one knows how good or bad it really is and some speculate its based on the FSP Raider which is a all around bad unit, its something you for sure should avoid

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Might as well go for a more reliable manufacturer for the same price. This build doesn't need a 750W PSU

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Might as well go for a more reliable manufacturer

The manufacturer of the psu means nothing unless they build psu's in house, most don't, most of the out source to compaines like Seasonic, Detla, Super Flower, FSP, CWT, etc. The Evga B2 is based on the Superflower, the OEM of the G2, Golden Green, its a all around decent psu, especially for $56, at $56 it is a steal.

his build doesn't need a 750W PSU

Sure it doesn't need it but for $56 its a steal and will last multiple upgrades and builds.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

you selected the EVGA B1 which is the older unit,

the newer EVGA B2 is a much better unit

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-110b20750vr

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube