add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
mxted
  • 54 months ago

Looking for a grey/blue themed build. I built a system already but im selling it. Fave case is a phanteks evolv atx sized. (doesnt need to be this case but if it was cheers!!) lol. Price point is under 800. I play games like Tera and other mmos. Last system had a r9 280 i might keep that if needed. Thank you and Happy Holidays. Located in USA. No peripherals needed.

Case! Pro m by phantek. Please!! Full acrylic window for 80 bucks for a case is amazing.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

How do you feel about modding (simple stuff like painting parts, maby smt slodering for leds) also, do you need a copy of windows?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Copy of windows and a ssd wouldnt be needed. Sorry I shoulda said that. I haven't really modded anythinf at all. But its something ive thought about getting into.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

smt and ssd is different he didn't make ny typos

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yes inknow. Just saying i wouldnt need an ssd if He was making a partlist lol.thabks tho

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2FQZhM

Keep the graphics card, the watercooler is more for looks but this build can be overclocked. I am thinking about having the whole case painted gunmetal grey then blue on some accents and blue leds. You can either get some sleved leds made for computer cases or you can get a roll of leds and solder them together with a molex connector. This motherboard has 2 pciex16 slots so you may be able to xfire/sli but i didnt check compatability. If you are planning to xfire you may want a higher capacity psu

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like a great build man. I saved this and will keep this for a selection. What would a build be if i needed the gpu?

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

About like this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VhQqGX i made it non overclockable and the motherboard isnt as well featured to make room for the graphics card.

On another note: you mentioned that you have an ssd, but you may want to add a 1tb hdd (i dont know how hevy you are on your storage)

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like a great build. Id most likely use this build but change the case and most likely the gpu. But i like this one alot. How well does that i5 do? Not to familiar with the new chips.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

It does only slightly better than the previous generation, but the 6600 is the highest clocked i5. I thought the cace might match the halo theme some, but I haven't played it much. Now that I think about it the evolve definitely would.

Also, I'm interested to know wether you are talking about going to a different model of 390, or a different chip

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea the evolv case would be the bst match ive seen. Another case i like is the pro m from phanteks. They justed released a full acrylic side panel version for 80 bucks. And i was thinking a fully different chip. 390 would be nice dont get me wrong but i was looking at 280x's. But ill defiantly keep the 390 in mind if i come up on more money

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats exactly what id do. Spray it a light silver. Honey comb pattern and light blue accents. Thank you for the great build.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube