add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2 questions about fans

D_Winds

48 months ago

I have the Corsair 200r, and it came with 2 fans built into the case. Unfortunately, I only have 1 3-point fan header on my motherboard, so I used to connect the front middle fan to work (the fan with the dust filter). The second fan is at the back top, beside my CPU fan (came stock with the processor). Is it important to get that second back fan going?

In this same case, my power supply is mounted at the bottom, as such the fan in the EVGA 650 faces down, toward the grill opening...but if the case rests on the floor, doesn't that mean there's next to no airflow? If I flipped it over, it would mirror the GPU fans, which also sounds like an issue...

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

but if the case rests on the floor, doesn't that mean there's next to no airflow?

as long as you have the case on a hard surface, you won't have a problem. The PSU would be intaking cold air from the bottom instead of warm air from inside the case. You should only put the PSU with fan facing up if case is on a carpet so PSU doesn't suffocate. And its not ideal as both GPU and PSU intake air.

The second fan is at the back top, beside my CPU fan (came stock with the processor)

what cooler do you have? The fan on the cpu cooler must be connected to CPU_FAN header. If there are two fans get a splitter to connect both to the same header.

Other fans you can connect on remaining headers. 3 pin fans can be connected to 4 pin headers..

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your help :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube