add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$2500 "future proofed " streaming / gaming pc

MarvelJ
  • 54 months ago

I am currently a resident of the United States , and I'm looking for pc that can run every game at max settings and still maintain decent frame rates. i would like the fastest beast of a pc i could get for the money ,I would also like all the components to be in a full tower case , with a blue and orange color scheme if possible , of course the pc will be heavily used as my main gaming / streaming rig , so the only requirements are as follows , it must utilize the fairly new skylake processors , and the build must include some sort of wireless network adapter and a copy of windows 10 , and i would like it to be fairly quite .If you can help me thanks.

Comments

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

There is no such thing as making a build future proof. Also you forgot a very important detail., your budget.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

what might that be , and by future proof i meant that it would still be able to run games and other applications fairly easily in the coming years with minimal upgrades.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Right now is a pretty bad time to want a Skylake streaming machine. The 6700k is outrageously overpriced if you can even manage to find it. Plus, with the looming release of the new x99 processors and Pascal, it's likely that anything near this budget will be doubly outperformed within a few months.

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

ok so what might you recommend

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

Something like this is the best place to start. It has the most powerful CPU that isn't totally overpriced, and it offers a lot of room for expansion. The platform will be compatible with the newer x99 release, and the 980ti is plenty strong for 1080p and 1440p. Adding another would be recommended for 4k gaming, but I put only one in so that you could save some cash now to hold over until the release of Pascal, which will offer much more economical 4k performance, since they are being developed as 4k cards.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor $364.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler $71.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard MSI X99S SLI Krait ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard $203.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $84.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $177.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $82.99 @ SuperBiiz
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card $626.98 @ Amazon
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case $89.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $109.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $94.99 @ Adorama
Wireless Network Adapter Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $29.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1938.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-28 00:49 EST-0500

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube