add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Jqkey
  • 53 months ago

Hello, I'm looking for a pc that will handle Arma 3 and Minecraft. Minecraft at maximum settings with a stable 60+ fps, I also want to run some mild modding and Arma 3 at maximum settings with stable 60fps. I will also be doing video recording, and I will be doing some mild editing, and if you find a case that has a window panel with led lights blue inside for an affordable price (under $100) that would be greatly appreciated. Budget is stretchable if needed.

EDIT : Found the list I needed, thanks! :)

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $66.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $49.99 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $32.99 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 2GB Video Card $174.99 @ NCIX US
Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $43.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $454.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-30 00:04 EST-0500

You're going to want to add more RAM down the road if you're seriously into video editing. This should do great for your budget though. Hard to get what you're asking at $450.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man.

• 53 months ago
  • 0 points

Has no window, but does have Blue LEDs.

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $66.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $55.89 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory $29.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $45.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 380X 4GB DD XXX OC Video Card $199.99 @ Newegg
Case Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case $24.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $24.99 @ NCIX US
Total (before mail-in rebates) $493.72
Mail-in rebates -$45.00
Total $448.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-30 12:35 EST-0500
  • 53 months ago
  • 0 points

Here is another option for you to consider. Also I am not using any mail in rebates in this build. The MoBo also comes with a DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 CPU Cooler, and the video card has a Free Heroes of the Storm Kaijo Diablo Bundle included with it. All the best with your build.

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $76.98 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus A68HM-K Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $45.38 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $27.99 @ Newegg
Storage Silicon Power S60 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $39.99 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card $151.98 @ Newegg
Case DIYPC Solar-M1-R ATX Mid Tower Case $39.79 @ Newegg
Power Supply Rosewill 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $39.99 @ Newegg
Total $467.09
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-01 00:25 EST-0500
[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • -1 points

A duel core and the weakest graphics card out of all of 'em.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

A Dual* core. And that does not matter, really, today dual cores can still play games.

• 53 months ago
  • -1 points

Duel Core performance is suffering on more and more games and it's only going to get worse.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Dual* Not duel, please, it annoys me.

It's suffering more and more, by a 0,01% per year? It'll go rapid all the sudden, at some time, but when going with AMD Anthlon WHAT IS THE UPGRADE PATH?! Where is that!? Futureproofing has some of the importance here too..

• 53 months ago
  • -1 points

Fine. Dual.

Dragon Age outright didn't support them. Farcry 4 did so poorly and required an after release patch, as did GTAV. Watch Dogs performed even worse on Dual cores as on other systems. And the list is only going to grow as more and more games are released.

The reason really is now that the PS4 and XBOne are the main consoles, and most games are designed with consoles at least as a major concern (now matter how much we PC Master Race folks would like to think otherwise), they're only going to become more and more dependent on multiple threads because those two systems have AMD designed 8 core processors meaning to get the most out of them they NEED proper multi-threaded support.

Which means that the days of games depending on one or two super beefy cores is fading in favor of support for multi-threaded operation.

As for upgrade path, really, what are you thinking... pick up a used i7 or i5 off ebay in three years to squeeze extra performance out of a $40 motherboard? The 1150 socket has hit the end of its lifespan. There are not going to be any more chips for it, so there really isn't that much of an an upgrade path on this one either. In 3-4 years he might be able to by something like a 4770 off Ebay for $100 but honestly at that point it would probably be better just to suck it up and take the step up to DDR4 and a modern chipset.

You have to realize, this is a budget build. Everything is secondary to one overriding factor: It's a gaming computer. It's designed to game as well as possible. That's it. It's not a hyper-effective production machine. It's not very upgrade due to the nature of the beast... but it can run pretty much anything you throw at it at high or even Ultra and still be comfortably above 30fps... and that's what its supposed to do.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

So will the list on the top be better for my preferences?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

For video editing, yes. For gaming, no, not really.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube