add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First gaming PC suggestions/help

Chuzz
  • 53 months ago

Hey guys I'm a total noobie at PC building but I would like to try my hand at it. I have no idea what parts to get so I'll just list what I'm kind of looking for and maybe you guys can show me some suggestions.

PC will be used as a gaming and personal every day computer.

Gaming wise I'd like to be able to play WoW on highest settings and newer/higher demanding games on at least medium settings. I wanna say I want the minimum to achieve this to save on money but it's probably alot smarter to have quite a bit of "breathing" room so I don't get out dated too quickly right?

I would like to have a red/black color scheme, I'll probably try to add some LEDs etc like the cool kids lol, also a case with a pretty big window and with quite a bit of room to improve or add things.

I realize I may not be able to achieve all of this but it would be nice to at least get close.

Thank you for taking your time to help me out guys! :)

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Something like location would help.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I live in the United states

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zbdfqs

The black and red NZXT S340 would've been the go-to case here, but it's weirdly expensive. Went with a more expensive fully modular power supply for appearances and because of the not so great cable management in the case.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot man, would it be better to go with 2 4gb ram or just the 1 8gb?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Ohhh great point, one more thing how does this GeForce compare to a Radeon R9 280X 3GB? The 280x is a little more expensive but is it worth maybe getting that?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube