add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

If this power Supply would enough.

KingJamieGrant
  • 51 months ago

Hello, first post here and I'm just seeking answers (a simple Yes or No in the comments would be great and a small explanation). (this seems stupid but I'm just overly concerned).

I'm wanting to know if this power supply will be able to keep my PC running at maximum load (whereby all the components are consuming maximum power ) because if it can run it at that (maximum load) then everything else will be fine when it's not.

Pc Part-picker tells me that this will consume (the build) 467W and I'm not sure if that's accurate enough. I don't want to buy what I'm thinking of buying (below) and it being not enough to run at maximum load.

The power supply in which I'm wondering to get is; Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU (Semi- Modular setup)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Builder-Modular-Bronze-Certified/dp/B00ALYOTTI/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&srs=1649494031&ie=UTF8&qid=1451666843&sr=1-1

My PC setup is as followed.

CPU - Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard - MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory - Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage #1 -Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage #2 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card (Two of this in crossfire) - XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition Video Card

Power Supply - ?

I'm asking this because the power supply in which I had, I messed up so it doesn't function etc.. If the power supply is not sufficient enough can you link me or suggest names of the power supply on Amazon provided it's with prime.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully I can have this problem solved quickly :) - Jamie.

EDIT: Title should be - Is this power supply enough? (can't change it)

EDIT #2: Grammar mistakes.

EDIT #3: Format Problems

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Do already have 1 7850, because buying two of them is a bad idea. Some games won't support crossfire, and the 7850 is of an old generation.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I was left 2 from my brother. and do you think power supply is enough?

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

600w is more than enough, but the power supply you have is not the greatest one in the world.

This is a way better option.

On a side note the SSD you choose is really bad. It is a lot slower than other SSD's, and will get slower over time. Get a Samsung 850 EVO, or a Crucial BX 100.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn, I should of mentioned I already have all the stuff listed above apart from the power supply and I'm glad to know I can get a better power supply and I will somewhere in the near future change the SSD if it's bad.

Off Topic - On the Graphics card side, since I have 2 of them already (left them) should I only use one? Because some games may support Crossfire that I would want to play.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have 2 you might as well use them both.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Also that Power Supply you mentioned cant be found to buy, do you think you possibly find a different power supply on amazon? thats around £65 possibly... It's long to ask for but I'm not too familiar on power supplies. or ssd for that matter lol

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube