add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Game Suggestions

Scotty0709

49 months ago

Basically I'm looking for new PC games to play with friends. Preferably something that's quite recent or even due to be released this year.

Option 1: A cooperative-game which isn't too serious. Games like Battlefield and Call of Duty aren't fun for me as if you aren't at the top of your game you're normally killed a lot and are ridiculed. Maybe games like the Left 4 Dead series but somthing which still has an active playerbase (L4d2 has been on the decline for a while now).

Option 2: A game with role-playing elements, a lot of players but also one with a lot of freedom. Maybe a space-sim/roleplay combination. If it exists: A cross between Mass Effect and Freelancer. Basically something to fill the time until Star Citizen is eventually released.

Any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean if you're into cars and sports, you could try Rocket League. Heard it is an awesome game. (It's on sale right now for $14 on Steam).

I can't look at the steam store right now, I could give more suggestions later... Maybe

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Team Fortress 2? CSGO?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

CS:GO is a great game to play with a group of friends once you've practiced and learned the mechanics of the game however it is VERY competitive. I saw that Runescape was suggested and I'd agree with it (it was my first pc game ever) but it is a grind, but rewarding. As far as a space RPG, the only one that I've played is Warframe and I really enjoyed it, but I ended up going back to Runescape because it was what I knew. Sorry I don't have more suggestions..kind of obsessed with CS:GO at the moment haha, good luck and hope this helped.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Any games (which match option 1) due to be released this year?

Basically a multiplayer co-op which involves teamwork and not just running around trying to get the most kills.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Rainbow 6 siege also another very good and strategic game

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Pulsar lost colony is an amazing game and I think it fits option 2 very well

• 49 months ago
  • 0 points

A cooperative game which isn't too serious.. I can only think of Minecraft xD

Other one...

Hmm. Runescape?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Well it can be a bit serious lol

Games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Counter Strike etc is a bit much imo and they aren't that fun if you're not a uber fps player.

Games like the Left 4 Dead series were still competitive but not on the same level. You could still have a laugh at things and as long as you understood the concept of teamwork they were fun to play.

• 49 months ago
  • 0 points

Maybe Rust or R6:S?

• 49 months ago
  • 0 points

Mmm... May I says WoW ? You're describing it exactly. Please don't hit too hard with the arguments haha

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube