add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Non-modular PSU Cables?

Woit
  • 51 months ago

So I just finished my first build and I used a non-modular PSU. Now I I regret not having bought a modular PSU, but I don't feel like dissecting my pc, trading it and having to build everything again. Anyways, the cable-management is pretty decent now though since I my case (NXZT S340) has good cable-management options. But the question I have is:

Do I have to use ALL the cables of the PSU, even though I won't use 'em? Right now I have some cables that don't connect to anything, stuffed in the covered part of the case. So it shouldn't affect the airflow. But the guide said all the cables have to be connected, which makes me a little anxious. Help would be appreciated.

Ps: my PSU is a Seasonic bronze ATX12V 520w

Cheers,

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Do I have to use ALL the cables of the PSU, even though I won't use 'em?

this is worded a bit strangely, but of course you do not need to use all the cables. just leave the unused ones bunched up where they are.

Right now I have some cables that don't connect to anything, stuffed in the covered part of the case. So it shouldn't affect the airflow.

not at all. the basement of the S340 has no active airflow going through it so it's a non issue.

But the guide said all the cables have to be connected, which makes me a little anxious. Help would be appreciated.

what guide are you referring to?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply, Sorry for the bad English, English isn't exactly my primary language. I'm referring to the guide of the PSU. The cable I don't use is a peripheral 4-pin cable. I don't even know exactly what the function of that cable is, but I think it is used for older hard drives. I just used the Sata cable in my build. Well in that case (no pun intended) I think I'm good then. Have a good day!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube