add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does this Dual Fan hook up to an intel 4690k?

OmniPeuchent

49 months ago

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/deepcool-cpu-cooler-frostwinv20

^ This one. Also, my CPU is Intel i5 4690k to be exact.

I'm still relatively new to the whole computer building process, so there are some elementary things I still do not yet know, for that reason, please don't track me down and hunt my skin for asking this question.

My confusion stems from the fact that, while my intel 4690k has a LGA1150 socket, the box to this CPU cooler says that its Intel Sockets are LGA2011/LGA1366/LGA1566/LGA1155/LGA775. No other sockets are said on the box. (I have the physical box in front of me as it was on sale, and seeing for how good the value was compared to all other fans at the sale price and even original price, I bought it. I can return it in up to 14 days if I'm not satisfied though) Rather than just answering yes or no, please explain why at the same time, so I know not to make the same mistake later on down the line.

Thanks so much for reading and responding! I'm really starting to admire this website for its community, so just thanks for reading if anything, and know that I love you from afar.

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm still relatively new to the whole computer building process, so there are some elementary things I still do not yet know, for that reason, please don't track me down and hunt my skin for asking this question.

you won't get that here... everybody has to learn at some time. :)

1150 has the same holes for mounting CPU coolers as the 1155

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a ton m8, all I needed to hear. Always nice to hear from somebody slightly more experienced from me. Thanks for giving up some of yo time for dis stranger. :P

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

you're welcome! :)

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I concur with pegotico and would like to say that is an excellent cooler, DeepCool makes some great products and are a generally under rated brand.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have experience with the part I linked in particular? If so, how were they? I heard the installation for this part in particular is especially a pain in the arse due to its size. I'm really happy to hear you like the company. I treat one pcpartpicker forum comment like a hundred newegg reviews, so this helps me stick with my decision to keep this part.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube