add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Build a Gaming/Programming/Adobe Computer - Budget $1.300 / £890

mfoman
  • 53 months ago

I need a computer where I can play: Battlefield 4 Fallout 4 Star Wars: Battlefront - on very high/ulta

Also Photoshop and other Adobe programs.

I don't care about the color scheme as I'm slightly colorblind. I do care about getting the best parts that would be upgradeable later in the computers life time.

It should be able to be overclocked.

All parts should be able inside the EU, so like from amazon.co.uk and such.

Thanks beforehand.

Also, if you can explain why you picked the parts, that would help alot.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. CPU and Mobo... technically not unlocked but with non-K overclocking you can boost the clock speed.

The cooler is good for the price though not exceptional when compared to some of the more expensive solutions out there. To be honest I'd suggest spending the extra cash to go AIO liquid cooling but I'll let you make that call as it would go above budget

The ram is fast and cheap.

Good amount of storage and an SSD for fast boot times.

The Video Card is powerful for gaming and will do very well on productivity tasks that require the use of Vram and I hear Photoshop is uploading more and more of its load to the GPU these days.

The case is solid and designed to be quiet or cool depending on your config.

The PSU is a top name brand and large enough that if you want to game harder you can crossfire without any issue.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor £248.98 @ CCL Computers
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler £24.98 @ Novatech
Motherboard MSI Z170A PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £71.39 @ Amazon UK
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory £77.02 @ Amazon UK
Storage Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £49.93 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £53.94 @ Aria PC
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB Double Dissipation Video Card £253.99 @ Aria PC
Case Fractal Design Define XL Titanium Grey ATX Full Tower Case -
Power Supply XFX 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £79.00 @ Aria PC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £859.23
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-04 05:24 GMT+0000

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube