add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Time to move on.. Project #2

JAndrews1995
  • 53 months ago

Hello everyone,

I posted on here mid last year asking for some basic knowledge on a build, After listening to some of you I bottled it, Yup.. I just went and brought a pre-built rig after being scared off by the idea of "will this work with that, isn't that overkill" blah blah.. Anyways I guess I paid the price and learnt my lesson..

-Current PC

CORE I5 4460 3.2GHZ QUAD CORE CPU

ASROCK H81M HDS M-ATX USB 3.0 SATA3 S/V/L MOTHERBOARD

8GB DDR3 RAM

SEAGATE SERIAL 1TB HARD DRIVE

DVDRW

AEROCOOL 600W 80+ BRONZE PSU

ZALMAN Z1 CASE

XFX AMD RADEON R7 370 GRAPHICS CARD

HKC 22" MONITOR (Upgraded to a BenQ XL2411Z/144HZ)

WINDOWS 10 (Really do not like this)

SUMVISION NEMISIS LED KEYBOARD AND MOUSE SET. (Upgraded to Steel Series mouse and a mechanical keyboard)

I believe some parts may be missing from this list but it's nothing special just something I could afford at the time.

-What I'd like to do now (Budget? Whatever.. I'll be buying the parts weekly/monthly until I have them all)

I want to build a PC that will easily last me the next few years of PC Gaming. I had the idea of making something which had the processing power ram and all the others notches already there just waiting for me to wack in a big graphics card. I know these kind of projects can get quite pricey hence why I'll be buying the parts here and there when I can.

If possible or manageable I'll be recycling some of the parts from my current build to keep me going. I'll still use my steel series mouse, mechanical keyboard and the BenQ XL2411Z.

Not sure which operating system is best these days, however I'm not much of a fan of windows 10 but if it's worth it I'll stick with it.

I'll be using this mainly for gaming, maybe I'll want to take a dip into video editting.

I'm from the England so I guess getting the parts shouldn't be a problem.

I hope this makes sense and I'm excited for some feedback, thanks for your time!

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Here's what I'm throwing at ya. The only thing from your old rig that is reused is the HDD with the OS on it. Honestly I don't know why you don't like Windows 10, you can customize it to literally whatever you want it to look/behave like. Just google it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor £300.00 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler £64.86 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £115.72 @ Amazon UK
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory £102.98 @ Aria PC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 390X 8GB Tri-X Video Card £323.94 @ Aria PC
Case Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £83.90 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £87.99 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1079.39
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-07 06:46 GMT+0000
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

ThisJust...this

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback,

I'll have a fiddle with the settings on windows 10

Also thanks for your time for the list, would you say thats a good build? I've hardly witnessed 1080p gaming on a PC so I assume that build will handle games pretty well.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty well?

Dude, you're gonna be blown away.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I'm having a look at some of the reviews on the parts and people are saying they work wonders..

Man you're so kind for helping me this much, before you go.. Is my monitor needed for pc gaming? I really only got it for CSGO but I don't know if it's good for other games.. the benq xl2411z

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Dude, you got a 144hz monitor. I too use a 144hz monitor, and lemme tell you something. When you play AAA games at that frame rate, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT. The experience doesn't' feel real. You made an excellent decision with that monitor. Use it with a truly powerful PC like that one, and you will never go back.

I wanna add, if you have an extra 100-200 that you wouldn't mind spending, getting a Sapphire R9 Fury or EVGA GTX 980Ti are great choices. The Fury is 100 more, the 980ti is 200 more than the current GPU in this build.

Honestly, the 390x is already really really powerful and will last for a long time, especially with that VRAM count. But the 980ti is in a league of it's own, and the Fury is an excellent middle ground. Decision should be based on price.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright man, well I appreciate all the help from you. I'm going to order the processor and motherboard today I think, I'll leave the graphics card until the end to see if I can upgrade.

Really really am grateful for your help have a nice day man!

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have a budget?

Side note: windows 10 feels like windows 7 designed to look like windows 8 to me.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Uhm budget not really and I mean that within reason.. I don't think I'll be spending thousands, probably like 1200-1300£ if necessary but it will depend on if I need it or not.

Thanks man

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Windows 10 feels like a window, one tiny hit and it can break and cut your hands open.

• windows 8 lover

:B

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube