add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

G910 Orion Spark Owners, how bad is the bezel key caps as people say they are?

Z3ROWOLFHD

41 months ago

I really really love the look of the keyboard and the romer-g switches, but how bad are the bezeled keycaps that linustechtips said they were atrocious?

Edit: Bought it, Keycaps are best part about the keyboard

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have a best buy near you? If you do they usually have one out that you can try. I didn't find it to be that big a deal and it hardly bothered me at all, but I've heard some people really complain about it, so you should probably try it out yourself if you can.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I did try it but only for a few minutes. I didn't quite hate them but I was wondering how it would feel in the long run. Just loved the feel of those keys.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

They are the most frustrating things ever. Typing is like shoving a steak knife in your dong. It's a great keyboard, but IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY, GET THE KEY CAP KIT (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/romer-g-keycap-kit). Other than that, it's pretty damn good. I would also suggest taking a look at Corsairs K6x, K7x, and K9x line of keyboards. I own the K65 RGB(CMX Brown) and K95 RGB (CMX Red) and they're both great.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm looking at this keyboard or the STRAFE

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The STRAFE is also very good. In the end, id say go with the strafe. The 910 + the key caps will run you about 179.99 USD, and you could get a K95 RGB with that. Also, since the keys are Cherry MX, there are METRIC BUTT-LOADS of manufacturers making custom keys, if you want to customize them in the future.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I know. Im getting the silent keys if i were to get it. but i think it feels and looks cheap compared to the logitech

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Just imagine a serrated one, not just a straight one. It would not only cut the insides of your **** but it would also scratch it to hell.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Just bought my G910.

Far from that description.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Dude, I feel like Linus and all these people are crazy. personally, I love the keycaps, and I don't notice them at all when I'm typing. They took a lil while to get used to, but that's the case of any new keyboard. I absolutely love the Romer G switches and really dig this keyboard. Also, I really like the wrist rest too, the bigger of the 2 that's included just feels right to me when I'm gaming. I read and watched all these reviews and thought that I would hate this keyboard, and I ended up loving it moreso than all the other ones (K70, blackwidow chroma) so remember, it doesn't matter if the whole world hates something, if YOU like it, then that's all that matters. I'd say go down to bestbuy, buy one and keep your receipt. If you don't like it you have a 2 week window to return it, no questions asked.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I just bought mine and totally love everything you said too.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't like them, I tried one at my local PC hardware store, and I bought a STRAFE RGB the same day. Haven't regretted the decision, and in my opinion the MX Browns are better than the Romer-Gs, I thought they felt more like membrane switches than anything else. The backlight may look better on the G910, but i prefer the simpler, smaller design of the STRAFE.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube