add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build $400.00 Budget

MrPenguinz
  • 53 months ago

I need a 400$ gaming/video editing PC, mainly playing minecraft, thanks, can't go over 400$, just want smooth gameplay on high setting for simple games

Preferences: AMD Processor 16GB of ram

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

what currency are you using? and do you need an OS, monitor etc?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

U.S Money, no monitor, no OS,

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

My guess would just be US currency.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Price includes shipping on everything:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $71.98 @ Newegg
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $58.69 @ Amazon
Memory Mushkin ECO2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $29.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $47.99 @ B&H
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card $104.99 @ Amazon
Case Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $43.26 @ Mac Mall
Power Supply Fractal Design Edison M 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $406.89
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-08 14:47 EST-0500
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is an AMD option to consider.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $69.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $40.80 @ Amazon
Memory Mushkin ECO2 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $29.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $22.95 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R9 380 2GB Video Card $179.99 @ Amazon
Case Apex SK-393-C ATX Mid Tower Case $25.97 @ NCIX US
Power Supply LEPA N 500W ATX Power Supply $34.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $404.68
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-08 13:08 EST-0500
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Not worth the quality compromises being made here for that R9 380.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

what quality compromises are you referring to?

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

PSU, case, and motherboard are junk.

That LEPA unit is only a 325W PSU if held to the same standards that modern, good quality/efficiency full switching PSU's are held to.

That's a problem, when we consider you have a ~100W CPU and ~200W GPU in the build.

The lowest actual price for that PSU is $53, which is a ripoff. (out of stock at superbiiz, the lowest remaining price including shipping is from amazon). The 450W Edison M costs less and is a nice quality modern technology Seasonic G platform PSU.

The hard drive is way too small for video editing.

The hard drive is a really terrible performer as a system drive.

The voltage regulation on the motherboard for the CPU is as small and weak as it can be built without dropping below the minimum requirements of the socket, (no headroom, and very limited fine tuned control of CPU voltage).

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks great!

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Yikes... Please, don't build that, it's full of rubbish.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Agreed. You could get a card such as the R9 270 (or its R7 370 alternate) and put the money saved into more quality components.

Edit: If you're recording Minecraft, you can go with the 750ti, while being a lower performance card, you will be able to use Shadowplay and the 750ti will be able to keep up with a simple game such as Minecraft.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Precisely, there's no point blowing near half of the budget on a GPU for games like minecraft that can run at maximum settings, even with some mods, on ~$100 GPU's just fine.

Given current options/pricing, I'd just use a GTX750Ti for this.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah I edited my comment as well. If he was recording MC he could get the 750ti for it's Shadowplay features so it wouldn't affect graphical performance.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

The one you just posted? Don't build that?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't build Barnabus's build suggestion. The PSU is junk, the motherboard is junk, the case is junk, the GPU is a waste for your intended use, and the hard drive is too small and slow for your intended use.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like a good PC, but personally, I don't like Intel, because of their price, I'd prefer AMD, my fault that I did not put that in the title. So sorry, thanks for the suggestion.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

looks good, just don't know anything about these parts, do you know if it's good?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube