add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

For the price, is there a series better than EVGA G2?

Xorex64
  • 51 months ago

Keywords: for the price

Is there?

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

This is harder to answer due to price changes. Occasionally you might find XFX XTRs or Seasonic X series going at lower prices.

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

For the price, usually no.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

So the EVGA G2 series is the value-ultimatum PSU series?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

The 550 and 650 watt ones aren't of as good value as the 750 watt unit due to them usually being only $10 less with a warranty that is 3 years shorter. The 750 watt G2 is very very hard to beat for value when it comes to high end psu's.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

from 550-750 watts and the 1300 watt the G2 are pretty strong value choices. the 1000 G2 lags behind considering that the Corsair RMx, RMi, EVGA's own 1050 GS and similar products from Seasonic and XFX can be found at the same price or lower any time. the 1000 G2 (1300 as well, but under $200 for a great 1300 watt is pretty impossible to beat) doesn't use 100% japanese caps inside and has a loud fan profile with no ability to turn the fan off. it's not like every other comparable unit is more expensive like the 550-750 watt versions. at 850 watts there is alot of price competition going on.

• 51 months ago
  • 0 points

Here's all the tier 1 psu's. All of them are of similar quality, and will be great for any system. If you want you can look through them all, but if you find one cheaper than the G2 it won't be cheaper by much. I recommend just getting the G2.

Antec High Current Pro Platinum Delta Electronics

Be Quiet Dark Power Pro P10 / 850w FSP (550w - 750w) / Seasonic (850w - 1200w) Dark Power Pro P11 850w FSP

Corsair AX / AXi series 760w - 1200w Seasonic (AX) / Flextronics (AXi) AX1500i Flextronics HXi Channel Well Technology RMi Channel Well Technology RM1000x Channel Well Technology

Cooler Master V series / V series 1200w Seasonic

EVGA SuperNova G2 / P2 / T2 Super Flower Supernova GS Seasonic Supernova PS Seasonic

Enermax DigiFanless 500w Channel Well Technology

Firepower Silencer MK3 1200w Super Flower FSP Aurum PT FSP LEPA G1600 Enermax

Seasonic Platinum series Seasonic Snow Silent 1050w Seasonic X series / X series XM2 Seasonic

Silverstone Nightjar Platinum 520w Seasonic

Super Flower Leadex Gold / Platinum / Titanium Super Flower Golden King Super Flower Golden Silent / 430w Super Flower

XFX Pro series Black edition Seasonic Pro series Black edition Limited Edition 1000w Seasonic Pro series XXX / Semi-Modular Seasonic XTS Fanless Seasonic

• 51 months ago
  • 3 points

I would not recommend using the PSU tier list on Tom's Hardware. There are errors that the OP refuses to fix. I'm not too sure on how many and which ones, you can ask vagabond for that.

For a better PSU list, I'd recommend these ones:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-recommendations.html

http://www.johnnylucky.org/power-supplies/psu-lemon-list.html

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/PSUReviewDatabase.html

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

This. He flats out refuses to fix some like the Evga GS seris which is major and noticeable flaws if you know anything about them. The CX series separate from the B1 units which it shouldn't be since they have similar performance and having the Evga 80+ units above the CX series which are all around worst. Also there is a review for the 1000 watt Raidmax Vampire that takes about 5 seconds to find online. Also having the Lepa F1 series with the Cx is a huge f***ing joke, one is a train wreck that should be nuke from orbit and one is a mediocre unit. Also having the Maxbron series with the Cx is a joke. He either is biased towards and against certain units like the CX or can't do research well and make a decent way to place psu's into tiers.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

And the FSP Aurum and EVGA NEX 650w/750w golds should be in the same tier of the EVGA NEX750 bronze if the 750B is in Tier 4 for the build quality and performance.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

can't say that all for certain. the NEX G seem better in build quality than most of the aurum based stuff out there. there has yet to be any competent review of a NEX B unit.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh, I probably should've said capacitor choices instead and specified with just the standard Arum Gold. Especially with the NEXG and NEXBs.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you! I was completely unaware of this. Definitely will use these lists in the future :)

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

The GS or the PS series overall aren't top tier units. Also I have seen conflicting reviews about the Lepa G1600, Lepa can't make a decent and consistent unit if there life depended on it.

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

the 850/1050 GS and 1000 PS are KM3 and XM2 (Corsair AX 760/860 and SS 860 platinum) based respectively (with small tweaks). they're pretty good. just the 550 and 650 watt versions based on a new platform that is probably the worst 80+ gold seasonic ever made, certainly in the last 10 years. the 550/650 GS aren't bad power supplies, just not really good in any area. if the tier list had a good measure of intellectual honesty they would be in tier 3, they are definitely well below the mid range S12G platform (Atec TPC/XFX XTR/TS Gold etc.). enermax is finished, lepa and cougar are enermax brands.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube