add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I get new fans for H240-X?

Kelloggs

49 months ago

I bought the H240-X and i'm wondering if I should get different fans or if I should just use the ones that come with it. The main thing i'm worried about is noise, and i'm not sure how loud they will be, so do you think I should use them and if i'm not happy get new ones? or should I just get new ones right away? If I should get new ones please leave a suggestion for me as fans are the last thing I have to buy, I would like pwm fans but if not it's fine, thanks!

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

The stock fans are pretty good. The relatively low fin per inch on the radiator means you don't have to run the fans at high rpm to get cooling.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for replying :) i'm going to stick with the stock fans for now, but if I don't like them what should I get?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I just depends on what you end up hating about them. I picked up a few Noctua Redux 140s (http://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Cooling-NF-P14s-redux-1500-PWM/dp/B00KF7O58G) as intake fans for my R4 case. I recently ordered the H220x, and I'm about to return it in exchange for the new H220x2 Prestige. Those come with Noiseblocker Eloop fans. I'll likely keep those on the H220x2. When I add a 280 radiator to the front of my case, I'll probably continue to use the Noctua Redux.

The stock ones will be pretty quiet. I doubt there's much to gain with that rad design.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

When do the new coolers come out? I might get a H240x2 Prestige.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Resellers might get them this week.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube