add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case airflow problem..

milemarker000

47 months ago

Forgive me for repeating what most people know already and for me being a nub; it's been literally over a decade since I've built a PC. For reference, my potential build can be seen here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jcp86h

From my understanding, most people I've talked to and most everything I've read online says that positive pressure is the best way to go in a case. That much makes sense to me. If you take a look at my part list linked above, I'd like to have AIO water cooling because I just don't want to invest the time or money in a custom water cooling system. That said, here is my problem:

The CPU rad would exhaust out the top. Check. The two 980 ti hybrid rads would exhaust out the back and the bottom, I'd assume? OK. That leaves me with only the front two intake fans which would end up causing negative pressure inside the case, correct?

So my question is, does anyone know of a case that has a top 240mm mount, two back 120mm's, one or two bottom fan mounts and two front mounts? That would, in theory, provide enough air flow to create positive pressure, correct? I can't seem to find any solution for this set up other than creating negative pressure or blowing hot air back in to the case which seems to be completely counterintuitive.

HUGE thanks in advance! This is really the only problem I'm trying to solve in my head before taking the plunge and buying my parts to get this baby together.

EDIT: Posted the corrected parts list

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Put your CPU rad in the front as intake and have the gpu rads as exhaust on the back and top (bottom if that doesn't fit)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube