add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noctua NH D14 - CPUID HW Monitor reported fan speed way too high

tatalor

48 months ago

CPUID HWMonitor reports the speed of one of the fans at 2590-2600 and for the other 1020. They are plugged in the motherboard (Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3) at CPU FAN and CPU FAN OPT respectively, the temps are OK, 22C on idle and max 50C under Prime95 (i5 6600k CPU, not overclocked yet).

Any ideas why?

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

BIOS shows half of the values. One is 1300, which is totally correct, but the other one is 550, which is way too low. On Noctua site it says the speeds should be 1200 and 1300.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Nevermind, for some reason, although they were both set on Normal in BIOS, the one connected to CPU OPT was running half speed. If I switch to full speed it goes up to 1200. Silly me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube