add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

6' Monitor day trading build under $1000 USD

jgregs86
  • 53 months ago

Hi all. I'm helping my 'non-computer inclined' friend build his 6 monitor capable computer. It will be primarily used for day trading,web browsing,homework. It would be nice if it were quick in all these fields. He does not game what so ever. I should also add he already has all the peripheral's.

The computer will need a: dvd drive ssd an internal hard drive and windows 10

Thanks very much for your time, really appreciate it.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 0 points

Operating on the assumption that this build is intended to be connected to 6 X DVI 1080P monitor or similar....

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor $121.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard $93.99 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $112.99 @ Newegg
Storage PNY CL4111 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $83.63 @ Amazon
Video Card VisionTek Radeon HD 7750 2GB Video Card $224.99 @ Amazon
Case Rosewill WolfStone ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $74.98 @ Mac Mall
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer $12.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) $94.99 @ Adorama
Other 4 X Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt Port Compatible) to DVI Cable in Black 6 Feet $44.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $989.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-13 04:00 EST-0500

A lot of reviews for this video card seem to indicate that people aren't able to get more than 2 legacy digital video streams out of this GPU without the use of active adapters, which is contrary to the card being advertised as having 6 ACTIVE DP outputs. If they are already active, then they already have the active converted built into the card, if they are not active, then false advertising.

I'll leave it up to you if you want to gamble with that approach. If it works the way it should, according to the specifications, then it should run 6 X DVI monitors just fine. If it fails to, then they need a slap on the wrist for false advertising.

If you'd rather play it safe, just use a pair of these:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn75toc22gi

A pair of those will support up to 8 monitors total.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

No wonder why everyone's keeping shy of threads like these..

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply. I think he will play it safe with your suggestion of the (2) graphics cards.

• 53 months ago
  • 0 points

Just noticed the GTX750Ti's there have gone out of stock at $129+shipping at superbiiz, (more than I would want to pay anyway)... aren't worth more than ~$120 each anyway. Especially with GTX950's commonly available for ~$140-150.

Gigabyte is the only company configuring GTX750Ti's with 4 digital outputs. I figured as long as you're going to have 2 GPU's may as well be able to support even more than 6 monitors, but at that price, yikes.... I'm not sure why availability and pricing on these is so bad right now. A month ago these were easy to find under $120 shipped..... I have my eyes out for alternative solutions...

The more I read about the HD7750 eyefinity edition and its W600 cousin, the more it seems that these cards do indeed require either native displayport monitors or active adapters for the 3rd - 6th monitors (the first 2 can be anything).

I'm not sure if the monitors are already purchased, but I just noticed this...

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nec-monitor-pa231wbk

That's actually a ridiculously nice quality monitor for $110, and is displayport native ready. 6 of those would be awesome, and would work fine with the Visiontek eye6 edition HD7750.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube