add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Deepcool Dukase How is it?

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 5 points

The Deepcool Dukase is surprisingly decent, but not without its flaws.

The Flaws:

-The fans it ships with are similar to Deepcool's other fans: which means they are of low quality and loud.

-There are no rubber grommets in the motherboard tray cut outs, which makes for a less than perfect finished look.

-The front of the case only accommodates 1 x 140mm fan, though it does fit 2 x 120mm if you want to go that way.

• The top IO panel has only 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 instead of 2 x USB 3.0 (or two of each, for that matter)

-The top front bay slot on the case, typically where you might insert an optical drive (though less often these days) is obstructed by the top front panel IO so it is not actually usable.

-The mesh filter on the bottom of the case by the PSU intake is crappier than on the Deepcool Pangu 2 -- which is an engineering feat given how remarkably crappy the Pangu's dust filter was.

-There is no fan filter at all on the top of the case, (though it makes system building quite easy with the Dukase).

-The entire front panel of the case can be difficult to remove and requires some patience and careful tab pressing before strength is applied.

-The Acrylic side window looks cheap from a certain angle in fluorescent lighting. (Mind you, so do the acrylic windows on hundreds of other cases...)

So those are the downsides.

The Upsides:

• The Dukase features set is top in its class at this price point. Nothing else comes close.
  • The Cold Rolled Steel is surprisingly strong
  • The front panel door, reminiscent of the Antec P180 looks good and works well
  • The powder coated paint inside and outside is very well done and looks much better than on the Deepcool Tesseract. It's a good paint job
  • The PSU shroud looks great
  • The drive storage both above and below the shroud is fine. The removable SSD caddies work as advertised and look good
  • The RGB strip lighting recess works well and if used can serve to make this case look MUCH more expensive than it is
  • The pre-formed standoffs in the case work well for ATX. (For a smaller form factor? No).
  • The Dukase fits a large Air cooler (Evo 212, say, or a V8+) and accommodates ALL of Corsair's single and dual fan AIO lineups in either 120, 140, 240 or 280 sizes. That's a REAL PLUS. There are a lot of far more expensive, major brand mid-towers than simply don't offer this flexibility. Don't overlook this.
  • The case will fit any size video card on the market.
  • The fan controller works, (though the molex hookup instead of SATA is disappointing)
  • Overall, the Dukase is a remarkably easy case to build in.

So is the Deepcool Dukase a superior case to the NZXT H440 that it so closely resembles? No. Not a frikkin CHANCE of that. But it's >>CLOSE<< in terms of looks and features and it has one thing that NZXT's H440 does not have: A street price of only $50-$60. The Dukase is between $80 and $100 LESS than a NZXT H440. For a budget conscious builder, you cannot beat the features and benefits provided by the Dukase. Plain and simple, the Deepcool Dukase punches WAY above its price point.

If you want most of what a NZXT H440 offers without the price? This is your case. If you want all of what the NZXT H440 offers and are prepared to pay for it? Then stop looking at this case.

This case is about performance for the money. And in the regard, it is FULL OF WIN. If money isn't part of the equation? Move on to the real thing at the cost of an additional $80-$100.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Reviews:

Pros: -Beautifully powder coated interior and exterior -PSU + 3.5" hard drive cage in basement blocks the mess of cables from view -Great cable management -Removable drive cage -Air flow is great for a minimalist design case

Cons: Not really cons in this price range but, -Wire management ports could use grommets -Basement should be easily removable, once PSU is in it is pretty difficult to add or remove cables (modular psus) -Instructions are lacking, I almost knocked an egg for this -Plastic clip on front panel, I broke one during first time removal and had to glue it back on -Window is small and centered, won't show off water cooling very well. -No amperage rating for the fan splitter, I'm assuming as much as 5A @ 12V TOTAL but can't tell for sure. (Again, useless instructions) -No CFM, RPM, or amperage rating on the one fan that came with the case, not knocking it because I'm sure most of us will just be tossing that fan.

Other Thoughts: Hyper 212 EVO fits this case with room to put the side panel back on, I wouldn't go any taller than a 212 evo for air cooling. Handle with care, this is black powder coating, clean with a moist microfiber cloth after handling unless you enjoy finger prints Comes with all black thumb screws, stand offs, comes with longer screws for front fans

Review #2

Pros: This thing is an absolute boss when it comes to cable management Looks beautiful Enough space to comfortably fit the essentials

Cons: The acrylic window came with scratches already on it The front panel was a bit of a bear to get out but I managed..

Other Thoughts: Haven't dropped in any leds yet but I plan on it

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

you must of got that from somewhere else but ill still ask do you think it would be good for gaming?

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

I got it from your link. For gaming, I assume you mean air flow, since a case isn't going to be getting you a kill streak in COD.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah im was talking about the air flow lol it just sucks theres not more reviews

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

I can vouch for DeepCool, although I would suggest a more mainstream case for your first build.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

They aren't on the level of the big-name manufacturers (Fractal Design, NZXT, Phanteks) in terms of features and quality. But Deepcool has some very good choices for new builders that want a solid case, but don't yet trust themselves with handling expensive, top-of-the-line hardware yet.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a fine case. Looks pretty good for the money. One case isn;t really better than another for gaming.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube