add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Locklear66
  • 53 months ago

Question: I plan to buy my wife a laptop. Can I then remove the hard drive and install an ssd and the OS key swap over? I heard it was tied to the motherboard not the hard drive. If not then what will I have to do to get the OS on the ssd. Windows 10 will be the OS.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I plan to buy my wife a laptop. Can I then remove the hard drive and install an ssd and the OS key swap over?

Yes.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

ya, just clone the drive using software meant for it.... Samsung ssd drives and many others come with that software, but you can find many other free options to use to do it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube