add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Negative airflow advice

OmniPeuchent

47 months ago

http://m.canadacomputers.com/mobile/itemid/074160

Hi all! This is my case. I have a hefty graphics card in my case as well.

I was wondering how I could make this case have the healthiest negative airflow possible. There's a huge fan in the front, a smaller onein the back, and I'm new to pc building and such and many forums online are ambiguous as to which is really stronger between one big fan and two smaller fans. So for the dude who knows his air flow, how many case fans should I buy, where should I place them, and what should their orientation be in order to have a negative airflow?

Thanks!

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Negative case pressure will draw dust in through all the tiny (usually unfiltered) gaps & openings, why would you want that?

Depending on the other components in your build I would say the case is fine in its stock configuration, 200mm in & 1200mm out will give you a little positive case pressure which, personally, is what I favour as it helps keeps the dust out.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the CFM. size helps reduce sound if it is the same cfm but bigger, it wouldnt have to spin as fast

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you mean negative pressure. If you want as much negative pressure as possible simply have all the fans blowing air out the case. However that is not your best bet for cooling. A more balanced approach is better.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I did mean negative airflow.. Could you help me decide where I should put my case fans formax air flow while maintaining negative pressure?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Well from what I see from that case you can switch the fans so the 200mm one is at the back and exhausting air and place the 120 in front as an intake. As long as they are running at similar RPMs and have similar static pressures you will have more air flow out of the case then you have in.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I just bought an extra case fan in order to help my case pun intended. .. i think I'll do what you said and swap them out.

I do want negative pressure but i do feel like the case would be better with that big fan being used for intake. Call it a hunch

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

May I ask why exactly? I don't see a reason why. With negative airflow you're fans are pushing out more than you can bring in, and that pulls dust through un-filtered holes which causes a **** ton of dust buildup. I can't imagine why ANYONE would want negative pressure over positive pressure.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

As m52nickerson said, that there is no such thing as positive or negative air flow. Only positive or negative air pressure. And air flow.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I had that exact same question and I found two videos that solved it for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6F2eccMec&index=49&list=WL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OmkmluAYAQ&list=WL&index=48

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Negative air pressure really isnt a good idea. Its going to be very hard to get your components cooled, which can lead to damage (money wasted!!) I really suggest positive airflow; better for your PC in the long run, and less dust.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube