add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noob question! Does the system tell you if you have enough Connectors?

SammaFTW
  • 51 months ago

UPDATED (I have not bought any of the parts yet, and will not be buying any until I know it will work)

Basically this is my first time ever building a PC but before I start buying I wanna make sure that I don't make many mistakes. I kinda wanna learn on my own but at the same time I'm not gonna make a pricey one! (HP of 5 years kicked the bucket and decided to build a new one instead of fixing the beast)

KEEP IN MIND, I am re-using my Video Card (Asus GEFORCE GTX 750Ti ) because I had already purchased those for my last computer but added it to the build to make sure everything was compatible.

Anyways, my question is does the parts system recognize if your power supply has enough connectors to power everything? (Fans, Motherboard, Optical drive, Memory...ETC.) PS. Friend and I are splitting on Thermal Paste

LINK FOR BUILD IF IT HELPS! http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mBMMLk

Comments

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, the site should pick up on if you have enough ports/connectors for everything.

Also, how many of those parts have you bought because its very un-balanced. (weak cpu higher end motherboard etc)

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't bought any yet. I have 2 existing ones which is the CPU and the video card and was hoping to get away with it. I'm gonna switch to a better CPU that was recommended in an earlier comment.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything should be fine, PCPP will tell you if you don't have enough connectors, though i very highly recommend buying a new PSU. That one is terrible. Pick any Seasonic of XFX 500w or an EVGA GS 550w.

Also, you dont need that much thermal paste. Get this instead http://pcpartpicker.com/part/arctic-cooling-thermal-paste-acmx4

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

My friend and I are splitting on it and also adding some to our laptops. Thank you I had no idea about the power supply

• 51 months ago
  • 2 points

Then get this https://pcpartpicker.com/part/arctic-cooling-thermal-paste-actcmx420g Its twice as much as what you have for $10 less.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you sir!

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll switch that out now thank you. My friend and I are actually gonna be splitting on the thermal paste. Gonna reapply to our laptops also to his pc and when its in the process of being built my pc.

• 51 months ago
  • 0 points

I would get a new PSU. The TR2 units are junk.

Also, why are you spending that much on a motherboard for an outdated CPU?

Why are you buying a sound card?

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I was recommended the sound card because I was told it would take some pressure off of the motherboard and I wanted to see if it would work with what I had set up. Yes Changing the CPU. Changing to one that was recommended in another comment.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, whoever said that is a moron. Onboard sound is all you need. Dump the card. Using a sound card does not take any stress of the board at all.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

KK will do thank you, you're saving me money! :D

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

post the new build so we can edit it for you

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Updated version with recommendations from the comments

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mBMMLk

[comment deleted]
  • 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry I had no idea I originally had it with my older computer.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube