add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets won't start - Windows 8.1

RevivoRoy

49 months ago

So I just spent last night connecting the DVD drive on my PC and I used a CD to install an old nostalgic game- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

The problem is, it's so old it doesn't run on Windows 8.1

I tried setting it to compatibility mode Windows XP SP3 but it doesn't help, nothing happens when I try to start the game.

Is there any way to get it to run? I really really really wanna play this game.

Edit: I used a crack exe and the game worked! But is the enginge meant to be played at 30fps or is the something going on? because I have a R9 280x and I'm more than 100% sure it should be able to play this game at at least 60fps xD

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you receive any error messages when you try to run it? Have you tried right-clicking and 'running as Administrator'?

If you have a copy of Windows XP lying around you could run Windows XP within Windows 8 (similar to Windows 7s XP Mode).

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Like a virtual machine? I don't really wanna use a VM for a game.

And no, no errors

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

What platform was it on? If I remember rightly it was PS1 wasn't it? You could just get an emulator with a ROM.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

PC, I'm playing it on PC with the CD

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

No I know but if the game was originally on PS1 you can get an emulator.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Where would I get the game from?

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't drop links at the minute because I'm at work but if you just google PS1 Emulator there should be loads of websites with them on. Youtube will help with setting it up and finding a ROM.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube