add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig C7 on MSI Krait Board?

shottycall

49 months ago

I'm wondering if the Cryorig C7 cooler will clear the VRM heatsinks on the MSI Krait board. I have the LGA 1150 SLI motherboard and the VRM heatsinks just bearly cleared the current ZALMAN low profile fan I have. I looked in the completed builds list but none of them have this combo. Anyone have the C7 with the MSI krait board?

Fan: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-c7

Board: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97sslikraitedition

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

I honestly don't see why it wouldn't work.. Its made for mini itx motherboards which are more problematic and it complies with the CPU Keep Out Zone on both intel and AMD boards.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah yes, I read about the keep out zone and when I went to the cryorig website it shows the c7 is only slightly larger than the stock intel cooler so I went ahead and bought one

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

I ordered these exact parts for my build so I hope not! Set to arrive next week. I will post link here once I post pics!

Not sure how soon you are ordering...

EDIT! Just saw how old this post was -- clicked on your profile. Glad it fits!!! Happy with it so far?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it's doing well. Don't expect insane cool temps but it does cool better than the stock intel cooler

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely not expecting insane. Got a Xeon which apparently runs cool and I won't be overclocking. I'm thinking most of the heat will be on the GPU which this cooler will stay out of the way of.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6J9jt6

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice build, though if you haven't bought the storage yet I'd go with a cheaper mushkin or crucial 250+gb ssd cause my 120gb ssd filled up fast with programs and WD 1tb drives are only a few bucks more and WAY more dependable than seagate

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

What programs are you installing? I figured OS, Blender, creative suite. I suppose I'll run out eventually but if I have to keep a game on the HDD or something it'll just be what I'm used to. The air540 does have great expansion for ssd though so maybe I'll just buy another down the line. Still pretty unfamiliar with how SSDs fit in.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Well any program has to be installed on the OS drive and for uPlay/Origin I haven't figured out how to install their games on a different drive, they just install for me without asking. Samsung is gonna be the best quality SSD you can get but for half the price you can get other options that the everyday PC gamer wont notice. Any SSD is amazingly fast over an HDD

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube