add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case fans: Should I use the case's built in fan controller or connect all fans to the mobo

GiSWiG

47 months ago

I'm building a new PC tonight (hopefully). I have the Z170 Gaming M7 and a NZXT Phantom 530 case. The case has a 3 position switch that connects to a fan hub/controller. The case fans are all the standard 3-pin connector. I'm curious if it is best to have the mobo control the fans directly or I control them manually through the three position switch.

What are the pros and cons of using the mobo or the case's fan controller?

Thanks!

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube