add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Very Specific Build For Advanced Users To Have A Crack At! PLEASE HELP!!! :)

Lukejacobs118
  • 53 months ago

I need a gaming pc that is both compatible with windows 10 and the latest mac os. It will duo boot both softwares. When you turn it on you will be able to pick either mac of windows. Please don't post if you don't know what your doing because many parts are not compatible with mac os and it may loose me a lot of money. The pc needs to be powerful enough to run battlefield 4, just cause 3, star wars battlefront, gta 5 and all of the upcoming games in the next couple of years. It should be able to run them smoothly. It should also be very very fast with extremely fast boot up times and load times. I need a very good SSD. It should also be able to be used for video editing, rendering and other power hungry applications.

The monitor should be able to be able to switch between pc and ps4 without fiddling around with wires.

I don't know what budget to price this at so please do it as cheap as possible without loosing the quality i need.

I am in uk so use uk parts please :)))

CHEERS FOR THE HELP!!!

all the best, luke

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi Luke,

unfortunately, we can't help you violate the Mac OS TOS.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

hi allan

what a shame.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait a sec, we aren't allowed to help people make a hackintosh? Oh god, apple please don't sue!

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 2 points

Installing Mac OS on non-Apple hardware violates the TOS.

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

It's called a "Hackintosh" for a reason... If it was fully legal we would have found a better name for it

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Here we go. A super new I7 with a very popular and reliable motherboard from a great brand, 16GB of RAM, a top-end SSD with a HDD, a bang-for-the-buck GPU, a regular case, windows 10, and a 1440p monitor. I'm not sure about the monitor choice, but it definitely has what you need. I would plug in your PC with Displayport, and your PS4 with HDMI.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor £289.14 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £92.64 @ Aria PC
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £115.72 @ Amazon UK
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £70.79 @ More Computers
Storage Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive £145.96 @ Dabs
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £38.00 @ Amazon UK
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card £252.99 @ Ebuyer
Case Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £85.80 @ Aria PC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £76.74 @ Aria PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) £74.94 @ Aria PC
Monitor BenQ GW2765HT 60Hz 27.0" Monitor £279.00 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £1521.72
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-17 15:01 GMT+0000
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

wow!

thanks for the help!

and your sure all of these parts are compatible with both windows and mac!? sorry im a bit anxious as im 13 and its a lot of money to spend :)

cheers luke

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Walking on thin ice here. I can tell you that there is at least 1 component which is not compatible with Mac OS X in that build.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

which one?

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it the M.2 SSD? I think that would be the most likely to cause problems. You could just change to a SATA SSD.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

getting warmer.....

The interface isn't the issue. The protocol is.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. So what would you do?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/OSX1011.pdf

I. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube