add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fractal Design vs NZXT vs Corsair vs Phanteks – Price NO Object.

chukwumaonyeije

47 months ago

I am a second time PC builder. Looking to make a Oculus Rift rig. Interested in which would be the best case for a BEGINNER TO INTERMEDIATE PC builder.

Price is no object.

Thanks.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

pretty good options. I'd say objectively the best for general user friendliness and flexibility are fractal design, phanteks and thermaltake. nzxt is pretty good and innovative, but beside the S340 they fall behind those three in space efficiency. corsair is solid too, but lacking very much in innovation lately and besides hard drive bays, flexibility isn't as good compared to the other named.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's a higher-end case, which I assume it is because of price not being an object, any of them are great.

The Corsair 540 probably has the most building room for a mid tower, but it's extra-wide.

I personally have a preference for Phanteks cases. Their new Enthoo Pro M acrylic is gorgeous.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.

Not familiar with Enthoo Pro M acrylic (I'm basically looking at Youtube videos right now).

Will take a look.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I really loved the look and features of that case, and almost got it for my own build. The only downside to it is that the side vents on the front panel are not filtered.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I think it would be helpful to have a bit more information. Specifically, are you trying to maximize airflow, do you need watercooling options, and how concerned are you about silence?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I suspect that watercooling is above my pay-grade at this point.

Right now I play most games on Steam and have never needed to overclock and don't really notice the fan speed.

My objective will be that this should be VR ready. I will also do Powerpoint and Word on this computer as well (but, obviously don't think those will tax the fans!)

No video editing (for now) but I would like a VERY quiet case (when gaming).

Youtube videos made a big deal about NZXT H440.

Interested in anyone on Corsair or Phanteks who have comments on quietness.

And, as I said I would say that I am a beginner / intermediate.

Thanks. .

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

The Fractal Design Define R5 is THE posterboy for silent gaming--assuming the boxy (or "minimalist" design, as they call it) is your cup of tea. I used its cousin, the Define S, in my own build.

The R5 is priced fairly for its suite of features, and I'd recommend that you use it as a measuring stick against other cases.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I went from a corsair 500R that I had 3 years to the H440. much better case, but it was a bit skinny for me. the sound dampening on it is thicker than any other case and it's skinny width makes it very tight back behind the motherboard tray. the cables or anything back there make deep dents ion the sound dampening material. I changed the H440 a few months later for the Enthoo Luxe. build is quieter, but that's because I had louder parts in the H440, namely the H100i. the Pro m acrylic was a good suggestion. as is the Define S and interestingly enough, coolermaster isn't dead yet as the mastercase pro 5 is a very good mid tower. if you want something with a focus on low noise, definitely look into the Define S or Define R5. the Phanteks Evolv ATX is also good due to it's more enclosed design.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube