add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about multiple water coolers

Ghostshark27

48 months ago

So I recently built my first PC in over a decade, and picked the Cooler Master HAF XB Evo box for my first case. I love the open design and the amount of airflow it can get, but I am wondering about future modifications. As it is, I'm running a 212 Evo CPU cooler, and an old Radeon video card I had laying around. The 212 keeps the cpu cool enough for now, but I eventually want to upgrade to something akin to the NZXT X41 or a Corsair H60. First on the list of upgrades is a new, more modern video card. So this brings me to my first question...

I am thinking about liquid cooling my GPU eventually, and for the sake of a clean looking case, would like to route the radiators to the front of the case. Would there be any disadvantage to having both radiators side by side, or would that start to mess with the overall airflow in the case? Also, would it make a difference whether I had the case fans on the inside pulling air through radiator, or on the outside of the case pushing air into the case? It's not a dealbreaker, but I kind of like the aesthetics of my lighted case fans visible through the front.

In the far distant future, I plan on having dual video cards in an SLI configuration, and would potentially liquid cool the second GPU. If my research is correct, (so long as two 120mm radiators can fit side by side), my case can handle 3 radiators at a time. Would that mess with the interior temperature too much if all the case fans are pushing air through potentially warm radiators? Would it be beneficial at that point to use a 200mm fan on the top of the case to keep things flowing?

Thanks in advance

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube