add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

r9 380 for modded skyrim?

Monica_

48 months ago

So the rig I usually play on has a fx-6300 and a 270x, and I can run 105 mods with it, at around 30-50 fps. If I get an r9 380 (with a xeon e3 1231v3), how many mods should I expect to run, and at what fps? thanks!

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 9 points

The game will break before you get lag.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

For some reason, I really liked this comment a lot.

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

+1

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

:'''''''(

but true

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I managed almost 300 then the game wouldn't even load up and I couldn't single out the mod that was conflicting. Very frustrating.

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

what cpu do u need to support all those mods

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean, if I could manage a crap ton of mods on an FX 6300, I wouldn't spend more than $200.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Not constructive at all, but I love your profile picture. I have it as my windows wallpaper and log in screen and have had it like that for months, 10/10. For the constructive side of this comment, honestly just get the best gpu that you can afford and if possible OC your 6300. Skyrim is cpu bound when it is in a vanilla state from what I can recall but doesnt use heaps of cores that well so higher clocks on cores will help, and with mods it gets quite gpu intensive, hence I state the better gpu over cpu as you gain "free" performance when you OC.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice, and yeah, I really like this image!

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that vram would be nice for all those 4k textures!1!

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

You sir, have saved me a ton of stress. Thank you so much for that heads up... probably gonna dual-boot or just go with Windows 7.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube