add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Aluminum ATX case with a window?

RoxasForTheWin

47 months ago

Out of curiosity I looked at Aluminum cases for Pc's and have seemed to narrowed it down to the Evolv Atx (A newer version is coming in march with a tempered glass window) and the In-Win 805. I wanted to see you guys' opinion on what case would be better for a 280mm rad (just about anything could be better for airflow than my s340) in the future?

I personally am smitten by the IN-WIN's looks but think the Evolv Atx would be better functionally (I suppose it'd be down to which had better dustfilters and airflow, as Texas is one dusty place)

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

you're correct in the assumption that the Evolv ATX is better for functionality. it's also got top vents that the 805 lacks completely. though I am certain both are worse for cooling than the S340 as they both have solid front panels with very slight gaps for intake.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Well darn, you'd think that they'd perform a bit better due to the price of these cases. Maybe I'll hold off on a case upgrade then

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

the price difference is for the materials. the S340 is thin steel frame, no real tooling done for a real hard drive cage, no cable management holes on one side and steel plated, plastic front panel. no real psu filter either. it's a budget case so it costs budget price. the other two are made from thicker steel with aluminium (Evolv), come with 3x $20 fans (Evolv) and more accessories/features (Evolv). the 805 is all aluminium frame with tempered glass panels and usb type c connector. I've got an S340 build here with an H100i on front blowing cpu exhaust into a Sapphire R9 Fury. what kind of temp issue are you having? is it location like you live in the hottest town in Florida or South America? or did you not add an intake fan to the case?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm just looking for a case with similar or better airflow than my s340, as lower temps mean quieter performance (970 sli can get loud unless it's under a risky fan curve)

My intake fans are my cryorig a80 fans so there's a decent amount of airflow

I also just don't like how flimsy the window feels and looks, but the size is perfect for my needs although I can go slightly larger for quality

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

While those look interesting, I don't think they will help my predicament. Thanks though

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube