add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

build suggestion

rbmako69
  • 88 months ago

here is the link to my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EYA2. I don't plan on overclocking as of right now, I never have in the past, I plan on playing some games, but I'm not a huge gamer, and I basically want to build this, and future proof it. I would like to stay under a grand. Any suggestions on parts to swap out.

This is also, going to be the main computer in my house. So my wife and daughter are going to be using it as well.

Comments

• 88 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have any experience with the 3570K, but wouldn't the 3570K be better for just 10$ more?

• 88 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it's an unlocked CPU, which are always better

• 88 months ago
  • 1 point

The Intel i5-3350P cannot be overclocked because it's locked, other options are 2500k or 3570k. I suggest getting the Asrock Extreme4 if you don't need the extra ports the Extreme6 has. Otherwise it's a very good build. To lower your cost of getting the 3570k or the 2500k you can find a cheaper case ~60. So it would look something like this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Fe9c
EDIT: I'm not sure if you can overclock the i5-3350P or not so don't take my word on that

• 88 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube