add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

evga 600b PSU, any good for a gaming OC build?

Desert_Dunes
  • 50 months ago

eather its a good PSU or i need a new one quick, it must be high quality and built like a tank, and not cost more then 50$ USD

heres my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cvyCGX

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 2 points

it's alright for a cheap psu. I've just got done using it for a few months in a build with a i5 4690k and R9 380 (formerly a GTX 960). I would certainly recommend buying better if possible.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I wouldn't recommend it. I assume you are overclocking an i5? I'd get this decent Seasonic unit, although I would spend a bit more on the PSU.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

yah.. i thought 36$ was a little low for a gaming PSU, what would you use?

im OCing an i3 6100

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

See my edit.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

You want something that will be able to handle the stress off the power draw from the PSU to the GPU. It won't be like a better PSU will give you 1337 frames at 420k and allow you to quickscope all the scrubs.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

can the seasonic take the stress without shorting and dumping the mains power into my rig? 650$ is the budget for the build with an absolute maximum of 700$ USD, without rebates is best, but a few can be done

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, it is a beast of a unit for the price.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube