add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Could someone help build a 500-600 up-gradable gaming pc plz

TheNoob2351
  • 53 months ago

Hi im new to pc building and i am looking to get a nice gaming pc for around 500-600 dollars. The only main things i really want are to be able to play new games with decent settings and to be able to upgrade this build. I would also like to have intel cpu because i have heard that amd's are hard to upgrade from. Is that true? Thx for your time :)

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I made this build guide, I'd try to get an i5 though.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor $124.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI B150M MORTAR Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $89.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $42.88 @ OutletPC
Storage A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $66.76 @ NCIX US
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 280 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card $174.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case $48.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Fractal Design Integra M 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $608.49
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-21 22:14 EST-0500
  • Upgrade to an i5 or i7 + an aftermarket cooler down the line.

• 240gb SSD for fast boot for OS, programs, slow games, etc. Then add a HDD when possible.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Tr4zqs

Here you go. And amd pcs are easy to upgrade just like intel but the only reason it would be harder to upgrade is becuase of the power usage (like the 9xxx series for example, the tdp is like 220w) °-°

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Also can you tell were u heard that amd pcs are hard to upgrade?(link or it didnt happen)

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

sry no link just a friend at school who in the past had an amd cpu and upgraded to an i5 and he said he thought it was difficult compared to his recent upgrade to an i7

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Any reason why?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

no i dont remember i can ask him sometime soon if u really want. also what do u think about this build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mjrLzy

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Its pretty good but if you want you can overclock that cpu

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I think ur build is really good as u fit in a good gpu an pretty good cpu and a ssd and hdd

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

You just need a z-170 mobo and due to... I think a glitch in Z-170 bios lately with skylake cpus you can overclock locked cpus :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube