add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I have enough power output?

Chillsabre
  • 50 months ago

I am slowly building up my computer and was wondering what type of PSU I should be getting.

My current build is this : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/fPKzqs

I do plan to overclock a bit although not right away and was wondering if maybe switching to 80+ platinum and a higher output is required or if I would be fine as is.

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

you're fine with what you've got in there. though the Corsair RMx 1000 is cheaper, performs the same and is much quieter. I'd also change the ram to the 16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill Trident Z kit. why are you buying such an expensive motherboard?

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the response and the suggestion!

• 50 months ago
  • 0 points

That's fine for your build. you can go a little higher if you want without seeing any negative effects, but you don't need to. same for the efficiency... you CAN go higher, but you don't need to.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube