add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 question

minutmaidman
  • 53 months ago

So my question is is there a way to not pay a premium to get a Windows 10 USB install/ whatever it is called on top of the Windows 10 license?

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

So unless I'm reading this wrong. The ISO for USB install is completely free. You download it off microsofts website, but you will need to buy the windows 10 license key.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Well then my friend is a liar A MISINFORMED PEASANT. Thanks for the clarification man, now I fell stupid.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

You're essentially paying for the Product Key when you purchase Windows.

With that key you can legally download and make your own bootable DVD or USB in order to install it. Though normally you get sent either a DVD or USB when you purchase Windows anyway (depending on the version).

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks bud

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

What happens if you have the free upgrade and decide to install the windows on a new computer? Is that possible?

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

If I'm not mistaken, you would have to install the base one ( the one you can get the free upgrade with) and then upgrade from there, therefore you would not be able to have a clean windows 10 install.

I don't know the differences between and clean install and a clean one do.

• 53 months ago
  • 2 points

oh ok so i can reuse my windows 7 CD? as long as i know i dont have to buy a new one...im about to build a new computer, i needed to know if i can reuse the CD or buy a new OS ><

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

... so i can reuse my windows 7 CD?

If OEM version, No.
If full retail version, Yes.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube