add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig m9i second fan

Dacra

48 months ago

Hi all,

So, this comes with a bracket to add a second fan, is it worth it?

Will be building next week, would only cost a few pounds to get a 92mm fan to attach, would most likely be an Arctic f9 pwm.

Cheers

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Most likely, no. I'd recommend installing the cooler first and then decide if you're comfortable with the temps you get.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

But I can get a fan for about 3 pounds and not have to pay delivery if I order with another part!

Can't make it worse right?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't expect it to be that cheap. For that price, I'd buy it and check noise/temps to see if it's worth it. If not, just keep it as a spare.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

It shouldn't make it worse, unless it were to somehow block airflow.

You can grab it and check temps with one fan to compare with two fans.

In theory, two fans basically would help move more air because one fan would blow air through the Heat-Sink of the CPU Cooler, while the other fan would receive and suck that air to push it towards your rear case fan and exhausting it out of your case.

Case fans are like windmills the more you have, the greater of an energy you will have, to help generate a greater momentum for an even stronger airflow.

In other other words it should help

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Ideally, you'll want to use the same fans (or at least same RPM/Airflow), or you could get turbulence which can indeed decrease performance. Either way it won't make a massive, if even noticeable, difference.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheers, I got a cheap fan to add to the back, front is 2000rpm and back is 1800. Might set the back on a steeper curve so up until full load its running at a faster %.

An experiment for a 3 quid fan, will do some tests with and without it attached and see I guess!

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you share the results? I ma interested in this cooler too. Thanks.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I am going to do some temp testing tonight or tomorrow night using a medium stress test (ROG Realbench I think) and will update results in my build when done.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Added to my build if you're interested!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube