add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Assistance required please

Jive
  • 50 months ago

Hello so i am in the process of buying all the parts for my first built pc

My parts i have so far are : Cpu: amd fx 6300 Mobo: asus m5a97 r2 Ram: hyperx fury blue 8gb (2x4gb) 1866mhz Psu: cooler master 460w Case: cooler master centrion 5

Now i brought the case and psu second hand

And am wondering firstly will this psu be able to run my pc and secondly should i even trust this psu not to ruin all my parts when i try to boot it?

Any help is highly appreciated :)

Comments

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

what psu model is it? CM makes some decent ones, but also a lot of junk ones, so the model is very important... And what are you using for graphics? That's also very important.

In general, I would not fully trust a second hand psu

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

sounds like one of their extreme series junkers.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

ya, that's my initial thoughts as well. I don't know many, especially older ones, that are that low wattage and any good from them.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

If I'm getting what your saying, this power supply came with the case. Most likely it is one of their "extreme power" units.

Switch it out quickly.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes i dont know know the full model number of the top of my head but it is along the lines of. Pcar-a3

And the gpu will nost likely be a r7 370

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

this gpu is a twice rebranded HD7850. the second name was r7 265. if you buy this, let it be well under $100.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 50 months ago
  • 1 point

clock speed is the only difference. the GTX 970 zotac reference (that's reference pcb, that little short one) and the gigabyte G1 GTX 970 are more "different" under this standard. the GTX 770 is asdifferent than the GTX 680 (770 is a faster clocked rebrand of the 680).

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

So, in other words, there's still a difference to make it perform better.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

yea, the same thing I do to all my gpu's, overclock. if you think that makes it a different gpu....

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

Which psu would you reccomend and or case if i were to sell the both

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube