add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Serenxxx
  • 53 months ago

Hey Guys/Girls

First post so be kind, a friend told me this is the place I need to be to help me fulfill something that has been playing on my mind for weeks now, to build a gaming rig.

The short story is I stumbled across the Youtuber Techsource and watched him build an AMD rig for $600, benchmark it and from that point I was hooked, In the past few weeks I have watched so many videos, read so many posts and been to so many forums but I have ended up more confused than when I started lol, so help me please!.

I have a budget of around £350-£450 ($700), I'm in the U.K, and I only need the PC itself, the mouse, keyboard, monitor etc I will source seperatley, I want to be able to game on it, I used to be so into my games CoD4, lol and then life happened and I didnt have time anymore, but now I do and I've seen some of the games out now and OMG, the spark has been reignited in me.

I hope thats enough info, only that I want to build it myself, and its windows based, thanks for reading and if you take the time to help then thank you, I really appreciate it.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 3 points

Attractive and overclockable.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor £58.83 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler CRYORIG M9a 48.4 CFM CPU Cooler £16.49 @ Ebuyer
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard £56.34 @ Aria PC
Memory Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £29.99 @ Amazon UK
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £37.14 @ Aria PC
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 380 4GB Double Dissipation Video Card £159.98 @ Novatech
Case Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case £28.50 @ Aria PC
Power Supply XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £52.80 @ Aria PC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £440.07
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-25 14:04 GMT+0000
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all these builds, lots to take in and think about, want to be ordering parts tomorrow really so please keep them coming, tweaking and helping, Thank you.

• 53 months ago
  • 3 points

Go with an i3 and a GTX 960.

Here is a build with the newer DDR4 and skylake CPU.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor £95.99 @ Novatech
Motherboard Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £49.99 @ Novatech
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory £40.98 @ Ebuyer
Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £37.14 @ Aria PC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card £147.59 @ Aria PC
Case Thermaltake Versa H22 Window ATX Mid Tower Case £26.59 @ Aria PC
Power Supply XFX ProSeries 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply £41.99 @ Aria PC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £440.27
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-25 14:30 GMT+0000
[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

You should change the PSU on this build.

Also the OP posted this

I'm in the U.K, and I only need the PC itself, the mouse, keyboard, monitor etc I will source separately

Use the UK site as parts there are more expensive and he won't be able to buy this build there.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info so far, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with so I can order the parts, this is so exciting for me lol.

[comment deleted]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the 3 builds, now to decide which ones better hmmmm

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube