add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need a CPU Cooler!

LawsonJM0

48 months ago

Hi guys,

I've just started a build & ive ordered the Intel i5 6600K but it doesn't come with a CPU Cooler. Im using a thermaltake V21 mini ATX case so ideally il need one small enough to fit in!

I've got a budget of £50. Will I need thermal paste too? Im new to building.

Thanks

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

The V21 is a micro atx case and takes CPU cooler up to 185mm in height. You can fit about anything inside.

If you will be doing some light overclocking and want a small heatsink the M9i is an excellent choice. Its small and cheap but it performs on par with the EVO 212.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-m9i

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I Don't think you can buy the M9i in UK Yet. not that I could find anyway.
Supposedly the h7 is available but im almost 100 percent sure that wont fit.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, I am not super familiar with uk vendors tbh, I just check pcpp page on it and didn't see any listed.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

But the pcpp does have one vendor in the UK

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-m9i

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

okay my bad I was looking at the wrong tab, I accidentally looked at the C9 I had open instead of the m9i.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I got mine this week, submitted the Ebuyer link to Flubit and got it a little cheaper, will also be putting it on a 6600k, maybe with a second fan added.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Something like the Noctua nh-l9i or nh l12 maybe.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

A noctua nh-l9i rated to cool cpus up to a TDP of 65 watts on a 6600k which is 91 watts (not a wise idea.)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

good point hadn't taken into consideration the wattage on that. good catch.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

With it only being 12 1/2 inches, should fit pretty snug. It comes with thermal paste so dont worry, and Its really cheap so you can save some money.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

12 and 1/2 inches!? I certainly hope it isn't over a foot tall.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry I read that wrong. Its 6.26 inches. His case is 12 1/2 inches wide. Thats what I read.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube