add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help deciding mid or full tower

ShoutingAtCats

47 months ago

I have my entire build planned for both mid and full tower cases, both have just about the same hardware. Both are single card (980ti) with wireless ac build into the MBs. I might go sli in the future, might not tho. The 2 cases I am debating between are the H440 and 760T. I will for sure be adding a sound card and elgato in them in the next year or so. From this could you maybe give me some insight on which is better for me.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

760T. the airflow potential is much better than the H440.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I know in theory that is great, but in practice how much of a difference is that thermal wise.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I was also going to remove the sound dampening foam in some spots

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd like to take this chance to step in and suggest the Enthoo Luxe

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Ive already looked at it, just didnt fit my style

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I dont like the 2 windows on the side pannel

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

both are awesome, but that 760T is just plain sexy... :P

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats why I love the 760t but the all black H440 is so clean looking too

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is my (possible) build for the 760T https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/WKscCJ/edit/

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

that's the wrong link :P

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you sure I clicked it and it took the right build

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

get rid of the "/edit/" part as that is linked to your account and wont work for anyone else

your MASSIVELY over paying on that ram... you can find comparable ram for $100 or for still less than that Dominator, you can grab better ram (2 links, same ram, different color): https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvr or https://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f43200c14d16gvk

aside from that, looks good

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks man

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll go with mid towers & the smaller the better. A build with more than two high end GPUs is just too over the top for general use unless you're into extreme overclocking record.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

I am now leaning more towards full-towers, although it may change, because of: expandability, cable management, and just more room in general.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

a downside is also cable management... lol, its easier to route them, but many times you may find a psu cable is too short...

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh I can buy extensions

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

nah, if your buying an expensive system and modular psu, its all about the custom cables :P

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

That's a custom item at the bottom of the parts list, EVGA Individualy sleeved Black cables. If I need to I can get an extension tho.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube