add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about the Corsair 400R

Danyn

75 months ago

So I purchased the corsair 400r and I wanted to know if I would be able to control the front panel fans from the BIOs. I read that I might need some other cables and such but I honestly have no idea. My motherboard is the Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+.

I don't want to have it plugged into the PSU and have the fans going full blast all the time.

Also, if I connect the fans to the motherboard do I still need to connect it to the power supply or does the motherboard supply power for the fans?

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

I am pretty sure that the front LED fans on the case are molex connectors. You will have to plug these into the PSU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube