add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New gaming pc 1000-1300 budget

Flesh0119
  • 53 months ago

Hello, I recently came into about a grand and would like to upgrade my pc.

Budget: $1000-1300 Location: USA Use (Gaming, Rendering, etc): gaming(LoL, Civ 5, RTS)/general computing Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): None Operating System required: None

I will be using this pc for the next 3-5 years with only slight upgrades such as a new gpu, etc. as such I would like to get quality parts as I've had nothing but trouble with my current mobo. I'm coming from a fx8350 and a hd6670 gpu so i'm not used to anything stellar as such I don't need a 980 or anything like that right now, although I may upgrade in the future. I was looking at a I7-5820k and either a 390 or 380 since I feel it would be easier to upgrade the gpu later on rather than the cpu and I like the idea of 6 cores. No case is needed as I can reuse my thor v2 case.

Comments

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/n2Nqcf

pretty good price on the 390x so i threw that in there, 1000w psu for crossfire when you want to run 4k

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Since I'm going to be keeping it for quite some time should I go with the 6 cores or just go with an I5 to save money?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Currently it's just gaming and general computing. However since I'll have it for years I wouldn't want it to become inadequate if I end up doing that in the future, which is why I thought to go with it to give me a bit of cushion in the future

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube