add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
donovan_staab
  • 52 months ago

Hey I just bought a disk copy of Windows 10 to load on to my new PC... I am looking at building another one is it possible to reuse that disk... To burn a fresh new copy of Windows 10 on to a new blank hdd.

Comments

• 52 months ago
  • 3 points

Yes, but you need a new key.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

I think you can use it to install, but you will need a new # when registering it - which means another purchase.

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

The ISO image on that disc you can use over and over again till your heart's content. But each time you do, you will need a new product key.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

Is there a way to get a inexpensive porosity key...

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

if you don't have a subsidized agreement through your school or work and you want it to be a legal copy, you're probably not going to find anything under ~$85

Gray market... whole 'nother story

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

There are ways:

• Windows 10 Education Edition if your school allows it.
  • Extra copies lying around if your company allows it.
  • Grey market, don't even think about it. (Microsoft has already banned most of the keys)

But the best way is to get it at retail or with a MIR.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

(Microsoft has already banned most of the keys)

Love it. Tons of threads popping up over at Toms about "Why is my Windows not activated anymore?!?!". Shouldn't have paid $35 for a fake key.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

What exactly do you mean if your school allows it, because I am a student in high school...

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

If it's a retail copy, it might actually be good on two (2) PCs. Try it. The worst that will happen is that it will need to be activated with a new key. I know for a fact that I was able to use the same key on two separate PCs and I didn't have any problems. That was several months ago, so I don't think I'll run into any issues.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube