add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Adding Extra Fans to Corsair 230T Case

Klaymeb

47 months ago

Hi I have the following system: AMD FX 8320 Noctua NH 12-SEP CPU Cooler Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 Mushkin 16GB Ram Asus R9 290 CUII Crucial 120gb SSD Seagate 2TB HDD DVDRW FSP Aurum 650 watt PSU Corsair 230T Case (No Window)

I have the following fans on the case: 2 x SP120 as the 2 Front Intake 1 x AF120 as intake for the intake from the bottom to give cool air to the GPU Standard case fan for the exhaust at the rear.

Which fans should I get to exhaust the heat out of the case? (I will be using Corsair Fans).

I was thinking of getting 3 x AF140 Quiet Edition Fans, 1 for the Bottom Intake and 2 for the Top Exhaust, Or what would anyone suggest be the right pressure fans to use in this setup, Prefer to keep system as quiet as possble, Running the case with Side Panel off at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Quite frankly, I think you're widely overdoing it. And running the case without the side panel is adding to the problem. The 2 120's in the front are more than enough intake to give you cooling with the one exhaust fan. The biggest issue I found is to cover the top up, both for dust remediation and to keep the airflow path where I want it to go.

Make sure, if you do go for more fans (you do know that you have more in fans than the whole case cost, right?) that you get slimline ones for the top. The m/bd is really tight. Anything thicker than 25mm will be a ***** so watch carefully.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

(you do know that you have more in fans than the whole case cost, right?) Yes and I have had the case for almost 2 years. I would rather have cool components then worry about the cost of the case vs the cost of the fans to put in it.

I will look at the fan sizing to make sure I don't interfere with the CPU Cooler and M/bd.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

(I will be using Corsair Fans).

Prefer to keep system as quiet as possible

Two things that don't mix....... Corsair makes good products but fans is not one of them. If you wanted a silent build, bequiet or noctua.

Wherever possible use 140mm fans as they move more air at less rpms translating to a more silent fan.

The 2 (120mm) front fans and 1 (140mm) bottom fan as intake.

The rear (120mm) fan and top 2 (140mm) fans as exhaust.

Adding one 140 on bottom panel should be enough...You can add one on top but you won't see any real benefit (probably more noise).

You can use

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I was thinking of doing.

The 2 (120mm) front fans and 1 (140mm) bottom fan as intake.

The rear (120mm) fan and top 2 (140mm) fans as exhaust.

So which BeQuiet or Noctua Fans do you suggest then?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll check how much they are in NZ.

[comment deleted]
  • 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Those AMD and Red Team products must run really hot...

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

They run the same around the same temperature as their Intel and Nvidia counter parts...

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The GPU puts out the most heat, I am running everything standard at the moment.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Nvidia fanboy......with nothing to contribute.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube