add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gta v 1gb of vram settings

Pcjulian12343

48 months ago

Is there anyway to play gta v on pc with some settings that make it look somewhat better than last gen and still get decent performance?

My crappy specs:

Amd phenom x4 945

Amd 6870 oc 920(core) 1100 (memory clock

8 gb 1333 ram

Wd 1 tb blue

Bestac 300 watt psu

N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) motherboard

My pc is a crappy hp pavilion 400-y elite(2010)

Ik that post fx gives the game better lighting effects so i use that and in game depth of field effects, i play the game at 1200x720 windowed

And get around 30-40 fps with everything else turned off or on its lowest setting.(exept fxaa because it has no diffrence in framerate)

Comments

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

The lowest settings possible at 720P looks miles better than last gen.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

well i ran the game with post fx on and 720p fullscreen and got worse performance than what i got with 900p fullscreen

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I did and nothing happened

[comment deleted]
  • 48 months ago
  • 1 point

There aren't any

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

How are you powering an HD6870 and a Phenom 2 x4 on a 300w junk PSU? That shouldn't work at all. How are you connecting the GPU to the PSU?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Molex cables(2 six pin)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a terrible idea and this PC is going to fry here eventually. That PSU is NOT up to powering that PC at all. Got any pics of this crazy thing?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I would STRONGLY recommend getting a new PSU. Even something like a cheap EVGA 500w will keep this PC safe and from frying unlike the current very sketchy setup.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I would replace the PSU. If that machine gets under stress, who knows what can happen. On cheap units, OCP or OPP doesn't always kick in, or sometimes are not even properly implemented, resulting in a fried system.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Bro, I can smell the smoke all the way where I live.

That thing was made to explode. Replace it with something of higher quality.

Or don't, if burning your PC and house is your kinda thing.

No but seriously how is that thing still running?

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Its suprisingly running well,5 straight years with a 5450 then a 6870 and now soon to be a gtx 950

My pc typicaly shuts down after about 1-5 hours of gameplay(not fully complaining)

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Really the psu can support the stress its under for some time (1-5 hours before shutting down)

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

If it shuts down at all the PSU is NOT capable of running the PC. You NEED to replace it before the PC is damaged/destroyed. PLEASE replace it.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Soon

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I would do it before you do anything else.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

So i found out i just need to kepp the psu cool and the pc wont turn off :)

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

LNo. It is still a junk psu. It is built with junk components and will fry the pc. Keeping it cool won't change that. You need to replace it. You can't just take a **** psu and make it a good one with cooling. Not how it works. Please replace it before it does any more damage to the pc. The fact that is ever turned off regardless of hear, means it is not able to safely power the pc. Even a good quality 300w psu won't really work well here let alone an absolutely trash one like yours.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I currently have about 276 watts on idle with a 6870 and phenom x4 945

• 48 months ago
  • 2 points

That means you are WELL over 300w under load.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Somebody hurry up and find a fire extinguisher. He's going to need it sooner or later. Heh, Bestec. That's great.

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a desk fan cooling my pc when the gpu gets over 80°c

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

Keep a fire extinguisher or some baking soda around you for that PSU... My OEM piece had a few caps pop with only a gt 740, which uses WAY less power than yours... Bestec is worse than that OEM piece

• 48 months ago
  • 1 point

YES FINALLY I GOT MY GTX 950!!!

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Replace the power supply yet?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Nuu

;_;

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to its going to destroy the computer.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

u need a better one, or else... well in all honesty all ive heard were dramatic stories, I think all it could cause would be ur cpu and precious 950 to die.

a nice

electric

death

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

You are literally going to kill some parts, we aren't just talking out of our ***. Just sell that GTX 950 even if you have to if that means you can get a new psu. Seriously for the love of what ever you believe in just replace it. Its a **** unit that is going to end up killing your GTX 950.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

This is one of the funniest things I had ever read on PCPartpicker. I'm gasping for breath here! How in the hell is that PSU even running his stuff?! Then to make it even funnier he's buying a new video card, willfully ignoring the fact that his PSU is going to blow and take his shiny new video card with it.

Hopefully he has some marshmallows when it finally blows.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube